The truth about government crackdowns on the industry

I haven't finished reading this extensive article but the moral police who use the "ends justify the means" tactics were in full force with those guys. One could argue that what those guys ran was illegal but saying they kept sex slaves was abundantly the on going PR campaign that all sex workers are sex slaves.

News story yesterday from CBS about trafficking.
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/does-backpage-crackdown-help-or-hurt-effort-to-stop-sex-trafficking/

Not sure where the stings were. We should all be VERY careful - especially with this new administration's attitudes.

I personally freak out about possibly using the services of a trafficked person, but there is significant biological pressure to get off, and in my circumstances, professional services make the most sense. (I can paraphrase a recent comment: I never pay for sex - I pay to have not get involved...)

This makes for horrifying reading for everybody here.
Prosecutors charged the men that posted reviews as "promoting prostitution" a "second degree felony that carries a maximum five-year prison sentence and and a mandatory fine of at least $3,000" including "indefinitely banned from voting or owning a firearm."
They all plead guilty to avoid long prison sentences and all lost their well paying jobs.

pokler

Power Bottom

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I remember when this New Jersey agency said they wanted guys to provide copies of their pay stubs to get verified. When I called them out on that on this site the owner put on the homepage of their website a bounty for my personal information.

I remember when this New Jersey agency said they wanted guys to provide copies of their pay stubs to get verified. When I called them out on that on this site the owner put on the homepage of their website a bounty for my personal information.
Not to bright on their part on just so many levels. When I ran my company I had my bookkeeper use Peachtree Accounting software to do payroll (stubs and checks) along with all our other bookkeeping functions (I don't know why any small business, that needs a bookkeeper anyway, would put up with the hassle and costs of ADP to do payroll). Been a while but I think it would have been pretty simple to generate a paystub proving I worked for you and provided them with "accurate" personal information on you. I'd split the bounty with you. My company (long gone) is still listed with Crains and Bloomberg, et al., and they used the info we provided them w/o, as far as I could tell, any verification as to accuracy (or cost to us for that matter).

Also, I guess they think that IRS, Feds, State tax agencies and local LE can't generate pay stubs as part of a sting.

Much more detail on the procecutor's thinking. It's scary stuff.
I'm surprised how few people are commenting on this. I guess they do not care.
I do care. Those people who got busted meet each other IRL and use their work emails in their profiles. How stupid could that be? After learning of this incident, I don't like to put reviews anymore either. It is like putting intimate details about you paying $xxx having sex with this girl. I hope that the admins here run a more low key operation that what they are doing at TRB.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I know people here always complain that there are too many rules, but there is a reason for each one. I hope people realize what the purpose of the rule of only discussing past experiences and not making or announcing plans, or talking about meeting up IRL is (as well as what the dangers of having "chat" sections and PM).

I don't think anyone's trafficked at all, they just want to earn income to pay for their families, rent, or living expenses-- and don't have many other marketable skills or college degrees. Gotta earn an income somehow.
Trafficked adults wouldn't be in America or should be a rarity.

Hey guys no I'm not dead just haven't posted in a while;). Here is the thing you never give them your real information. I'm not giving nor i have ever given my real email, or my real phone number. Places or girls that want to verify with like a drivers license ah that would be no also. I'm not telling any of these places or girls anything that can get me in shit. As far as the New York area, law enforcement is on vacation with this mayor. You see amps all over the place now. Trust me this guy could care less. Use advertisers on utopia. This is not shill for this board I'm telling you this place gives you real stuff not nonsense.

I don't think anyone's trafficked at all, they just want to earn income to pay for their families, rent, or living expenses-- and don't have many other marketable skills or college degrees. Gotta earn an income somehow.
Trafficked adults wouldn't be in America or should be a rarity.
Very much true, but like with anything, the number of trafficked isn't zero either, but much lower than the government Propaganda machine will ever publish, they can't keep getting blank checks from taxpayer's if there isn't scare mongering.

The NFL Superbowl scare mongering 2018: https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/02/super-bowl-sex-trafficking-myth-fallout

With the empirical evidence and stats that the War on Drugs, was a failure 2015, something had to be done before the governments started losing blank checks at taxpayers expense.
https://reason.com/archives/2015/09/30/the-war-on-sex-trafficking-is/amp

Part1 of a multiple part investigation in trafficking. . https://reason.com/archives/2016/09/09/the-truth-about-us-sex-trafficking/amp

Very much true, but like with anything, the number of trafficked isn't zero either, but much lower than the government Propaganda machine will ever publish, they can't keep getting blank checks from taxpayer's if there isn't scare mongering.

The NFL Superbowl scare mongering 2018: https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/02/super-bowl-sex-trafficking-myth-fallout

With the empirical evidence and stats that the War on Drugs, was a failure 2015, something had to be done before the governments started losing blank checks at taxpayers expense.
https://reason.com/archives/2015/09/30/the-war-on-sex-trafficking-is/amp

Part1 of a multiple part investigation in trafficking. . https://reason.com/archives/2016/09/09/the-truth-about-us-sex-trafficking/amp
The reason.com article reminds me of how second hand smoke death estimates world wide were calculated. Not saying second hand smoke is innocuous but bad science should never have been used to justify the crusade against smoking. It's a dangerous road when high numbers are automatically believed and quoted for any crusade.
(I realize I will be attacked for the second hand smoke issue but research both sides before trusting those numbers).

The reason.com article reminds me of how second hand smoke death estimates world wide were calculated. Not saying second hand smoke is innocuous but bad science should never have been used to justify the crusade against smoking. It's a dangerous road when high numbers are automatically believed and quoted for any crusade.
(I realize I will be attacked for the second hand smoke issue but research both sides before trusting those numbers).
True
Even the World Health Organization said that there’s no proof that second hand smoke causes cancer! Obviously just another crowd control tactic by big brother. What’s next I wonder?!?!

True
Even the World Health Organization said that there’s no proof that second hand smoke causes cancer! Obviously just another crowd control tactic by big brother. What’s next I wonder?!?!
Don't know where you got that from but from the WHO website:

Involuntary (or passive) smoking is the exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke (SHS) which is a mixture of exhaled mainstream smoke and side stream smoke released from a smouldering cigarette or other smoking device (cigar, pipe, bidi, etc.) and diluted with ambient air. Second-hand tobacco smoke is also referred to as "environmental" tobacco smoke (ETS). Involuntary smoking involves inhaling carcinogens and other toxic components that are present in second-hand tobacco smoke.
Article 8 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, adopted by all WHO Member States in May 2003, reads:
“Protection from exposure to tobacco smoke
1. Parties recognise that scientific evidence has unequivocally established that exposure to tobacco smoke causes death, disease and disability.
2. Each Party shall adopt and implement in areas of existing national jurisdiction as determined by national law and actively promote at other jurisdictional levels the adoption and implementation of effective legislative, executive, administrative and/or other measures, providing for protection from exposure to tobacco smoke in indoor workplaces, public transport, indoor public places and, as appropriate, other public places.”

www.who.int/tobacco/research/secondhand_smoke/en/

Don't know where you got that from but from the WHO website:

Involuntary (or passive) smoking is the exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke (SHS) which is a mixture of exhaled mainstream smoke and side stream smoke released from a smouldering cigarette or other smoking device (cigar, pipe, bidi, etc.) and diluted with ambient air. Second-hand tobacco smoke is also referred to as "environmental" tobacco smoke (ETS). Involuntary smoking involves inhaling carcinogens and other toxic components that are present in second-hand tobacco smoke.
Article 8 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, adopted by all WHO Member States in May 2003, reads:
“Protection from exposure to tobacco smoke
1. Parties recognise that scientific evidence has unequivocally established that exposure to tobacco smoke causes death, disease and disability.
2. Each Party shall adopt and implement in areas of existing national jurisdiction as determined by national law and actively promote at other jurisdictional levels the adoption and implementation of effective legislative, executive, administrative and/or other measures, providing for protection from exposure to tobacco smoke in indoor workplaces, public transport, indoor public places and, as appropriate, other public places.”

www.who.int/tobacco/research/secondhand_smoke/en/
Ok guess I was drinking the kool aid again. Lol