The spam is pissing me off !!

Why do these spammers think we are remotely interested in what they are selling? They are like vermin, hard to get rid of and annoying with a trail of slime left behind. I am a weekend cruiser of the board and I hate it when I go to the board to see what my fellow members are up to only to see a hostile takeover by sleazy gold and watch merchants, they are the new version of the creep int he raincoat that opens it up to display his goods. I wish they would find some other place to troll, it just causes more work for our already spread thin mods. If I were allowed I would more then happily clean up when they bring their filth around.

I would looove to see a flag system instituted, but it would probably be way too many headaches for the staff and moderators. Such a waste of time to be hijacked by idiots selling Nikes and gold (and it appears a provider is shilling for the gold merchant).

don't know what needs to be done or the software needs to be updated but I was on a message board where you had to type in words or those strange words (like modified dictionary, keeping bridges, etc) and the post would be posted up. Hopefully that could happen here.

I would looove to see a flag system instituted, but it would probably be way too many headaches for the staff and moderators. Such a waste of time to be hijacked by idiots selling Nikes and gold (and it appears a provider is shilling for the gold merchant).
I do not know if this is even possible but if there could be a timeline (around 20 minutes) where I could have removal access (even just on weekends when they come out full force) I would be happy to remove all the spam posts. I know alot of members might have a problem with me having removal access as being a conflict of interest but I would swear it would be be just to remove spam and never to remove anything else, I know the board well enough to find and remove the spam posts within 15 minutes, just an idea.

Is it my imagination or are there about a dozen 'moderators' posting on this board ?

It'd their (or maybe there, or perhaps they're) job to clean up this mess.

I salute Emily for offering to do the job, and propose that she be given the authority.

Is it my imagination or are there about a dozen 'moderators' posting on this board ?

It'd their (or maybe there, or perhaps they're) job to clean up this mess.

I salute Emily for offering to do the job, and propose that she be given the authority.
I am not sure how many of those moderators are still active and the sections the spam shows up is so random, some of them have no moderators. I would be more than happy to do a sweep a few times a week since I basically have no life (partly kidding) but as I wrote there would be conflict of interest to have that kind of power.

It doesn't even make sense, mindless gibberish.

Sadly it does to me. If you have teenage kids it would make sense.

You can buy what they call "exploits". These are programs that allow you to cheat in multi public player games like "World of ********". Usually hackers of one kind or another trying to make money.

I just never understand why anyone buys this stuff. What did you accomplish if you cheat within a game? It is a way kids get "street cred" within a game as opposed to people like us that strive to get street cred on a mongor board. LOL

Sadly it does to me. If you have teenage kids it would make sense.

You can buy what they call "exploits". These are programs that allow you to cheat in multi public player games like "World of ********". Usually hackers of one kind or another trying to make money.

I just never understand why anyone buys this stuff. What did you accomplish if you cheat within a game? It is a way kids get "street cred" within a game as opposed to people like us that strive to get street cred on a mongor board. LOL
In my teenage days "street cred" meant you did a stretch in Spofford.......online games, please !!

The night crawlers came out again full force - slimy, sleazy, bottom feeders !!

The spam really is a pain in the ass. I sign on and look for threads updated since last time. I see last post was by a spammer because I recognize the spammer name. But i have to go to the thread anyway to see if someone legitimate has also posted since last time I looked. We all got here without having to prove credentials so the spammers can too. But why are they not banned in short order like non-spammers who violate the rules early on? The uggs...whatever has been around for a surprisingly long time.

You see the orange and yellow icon at the lower left corner of each post under the poster's info?