The Mellowing of UG

billyS

Reign of Terror
I've noticed latley that there hasnn't been any real drama on this board in a while and not much flaming. Pretty much everyone is sticking to reviewing or chatting about things on other non-sex realted topics. Not many threads wind up in the Colisieum and I havn't seen anyone banned for flaming in a while. Has anyone else noticed this? The tenor of the board has really changed.

Maybe its because some of the worst offenders have been banned for good and some guys who suffered a ban for a few weeks learned their lesson and decided being an asshole for no good reason isn't worth it.

billyS said:
I've noticed latley that there hasnn't been any real drama on this board in a while and not much flaming. Pretty much everyone is sticking to reviewing or chatting about things on other non-sex realted topics. Not many threads wind up in the Colisieum and I havn't seen anyone banned for flaming in a while. Has anyone else noticed this? The tenor of the board has really changed.
May be the firework is in the private section, who knows, may be only a few who is fortunate.

Want drama - look at recent posts in the FAIREMILY thread in the Spa section. In that regard I am still waiting for a response to my question as to what she meant by her post that she didn't realize the handle she was posting under and said she was sorry to UG and BK (BlondeKelly). So Ms. Emily can sign in and post under Ms. Kelly's handle? I thought that was a flagrant violation of UG rules. JBR, however, the moderator of the Spa thread and obviously a fan of Ms. Emily, immediately jumping ugly with a member who was critical of her (whether justified or not is not possible to determine based on the comments posted in that thread before JBR prohibited further posting on the subject) let it go without comment. There you go Billy - fodder for some drama.

Calm down. All that means is that either Emily was using Kelley's computer or Kelley had been using Emily's computer, and Emily forgot to log out and change the account before posting.

Sorry JL and Duckman, but I don't buy it. When I sign on I have to ENTER my sign on information. The only plausible explanation of those proffered is that Kelly was signed-on and Emily used that same computer before Kelly signed off or the relatively short inactivity period that requires one to re-sign on had not expired.

stevana said:
...Emily used that same computer ...
Pretty much what I meant. Kelly could have logged off but she could be using the "remember me" option of logging into UG. After Kelly logged off, Emily could then click a few buttons absentmindedly and would be logged in as Kelly.

My main point is that I seriously doubt it was done for a nefarious purpose.

stevana said:
Want drama - look at recent posts in the FAIREMILY thread in the Spa section. In that regard I am still waiting for a response to my question as to what she meant by her post that she didn't realize the handle she was posting under and said she was sorry to UG and BK (BlondeKelly). So Ms. Emily can sign in and post under Ms. Kelly's handle? I thought that was a flagrant violation of UG rules. JBR, however, the moderator of the Spa thread and obviously a fan of Ms. Emily, immediately jumping ugly with a member who was critical of her (whether justified or not is not possible to determine based on the comments posted in that thread before JBR prohibited further posting on the subject) let it go without comment. There you go Billy - fodder for some drama.
Heres some drama...

Its obvious you have no clue as to what the rules are for posting under multi handles, I suggest you read them and if you think she broke a rule point it out, in detail. FYI, I didn't edit any post of leo only cut off discussion because it was getting played out and I thought there wasn't anything left to be said on the subject by either side. And if you cant figure that out thats to bad.

And you know what, I've never meet Emily don't know her and would never cut off or edit any legitimate critical reviews on her or anyones services, period. But if you think having a guy whose 1st post in X numbers of years is a slam on her because he fucked up and continued to be an asshole about it and has never seen her is OK, then too bad, because its not OK with me. And you know where to complain.

Duckman said:
Pretty much what I meant. Kelly could have logged off but she could be using the "remember me" option of logging into UG. After Kelly logged off, Emily could then click a few buttons absentmindedly and would be logged in as Kelly.

My main point is that I seriously doubt it was done for a nefarious purpose.
When she admitted it was her under a different handle no reasonable person could think she was up to no good.

RoosterC74 said:
This place has changed in an amazing way over the years. Some for the good, and some on the downside. I will leave it at that.
maybe i don't see the new drama as much, preferred! I had another name before 03 (lurker) the drama back then led me not to post.

justbill_redux said:
Heres some drama...

Its obvious you have no clue as to what the rules are for posting under multi handles, I suggest you read them and if you think she broke a rule point it out, in detail. FYI, I didn't edit any post of leo only cut off discussion because it was getting played out and I thought there wasn't anything left to be said on the subject by either side. And if you cant figure that out thats to bad.

And you know what, I've never meet Emily don't know her and would never cut off or edit any legitimate critical reviews on her or anyones services, period. But if you think having a guy whose 1st post in X numbers of years is a slam on her because he fucked up and continued to be an asshole about it and has never seen her is OK, then too bad, because its not OK with me. And you know where to complain.
Thanks for proving my point.

justbill_redux said:
When she admitted it was her under a different handle no reasonable person could think she was up to no good.
Not just a "different" handle but one that belongs to a different person (I assume - wouldn't that be an intersting discussion). Never said that anyone was up to no good. Check around - Kelly was publicly reprimanded by the management at another time for allowing someone to use her handle. Must be some rule against it - you are an authority here - was management wrong? I have no obligation to do a legal analysis. You - as a person of power and influence should be in a position to explain.

Here's the deal. BillyS was lamenting the lack of drama. I got an idea as to how to create some using actual facts from this board. I have nothing against Ms. Emily, Ms. Kelly or JBR. Please don't beat the shit out of me during my absence for the next few days. I did this for Billy - is that a crime?