The Man's Parties

It was me. And I do apologize - even though I recognize it is too late. Anybody who knows me, knows it was just a major brain freeze. And I did ***** the PTB to remove it and then saw that they had. No excuses.

As much as a bunch of you feel you have some sort of special relationship with slinkbender, for the time being please refrain from bothering him with communications to him @utopiaguide.com regarding petty grievances with fellow board members. Perhaps it would be simpler to be more civil to eachother than to pull eachother's pigtails and then go crying foul when you get slapped back.

I wish he would stop throwing these events altogether, because of how he ends up afterwards. I'm sure a lot of people deserve some praise and thanks for their contributions, but I wasn't there and I wouldn't know where to start. On the other hand, I know where the bulk of the credit lies, and how some folks are pretending they had a lot more to do with the success of this event than they actually did. I also know that the people who made the real money were asked to see it in their hearts to give a little back, and from what I understand not a single one did. It was also shocking at the nerve of some long time members here being as stingy as they appear to have been (there were also quite a few who ranged from extremely to shockingly generous, and hopefully them knowing who they are is enough mention for them to realize their generosity was well appreciated).

Of course not. No one is complaining, Sambucca. It's just that, "both of her "slaves" went into OT and she couldn't get there" is the best excuse I've heard for missing a party/appointment to date. It just strikes me as an amusing excuse, both the way you chose to phrase it and conceptually. I'd love for one of my normal business clients to use it some day. "Hey, sorry I couldn't make that print production meeting yesterday but [insert phrase] -- and you know how that goes!"
I understand. it's just that I've known her for quite a while and she's done Private Parties
in the past and has a spotless record with me. This was the first time she said she'd be at a
party and fialed to show AND she called me to apologize and explain the night of the party.
A few other no-shows have not had the good grace to even try and explain their failure to appear.
Now that she's married she limits her "providing" to being a "domina" and bachelor parties and so forth.

I wish he would stop throwing these events altogether, because of how he ends up afterwards. I'm sure a lot of people deserve some praise and thanks for their contributions, but I wasn't there and I wouldn't know where to start. On the other hand, I know where the bulk of the credit lies, and how some folks are pretending they had a lot more to do with the success of this event than they actually did. I also know that the people who made the real money were asked to see it in their hearts to give a little back, and from what I understand not a single one did. It was also shocking at the nerve of some long time members here being as stingy as they appear to have been (there were also quite a few who ranged from extremely to shockingly generous, and hopefully them knowing who they are is enough mention for them to realize their generosity was well appreciated).
I've called him twice so far, as have a few others, and haven't heard back, which is a bit unusual and I trust he is doing well. I now how he can get when he gets into a funk.

P.S. For the record, if anyone ever though otherwise [but I don't know why they wouldn't know this already], Slinky deserves a 95+% share for making these parties happen. I help a little bit during the ramp up and then I do most of what ever it is I actually do on the day of, but that isn't a lot either unless someone does something particularly stupid. That goodness, while there have been small issues to deal with from time to time, nothing big has ever come up. I know Slinky appreciates it as he has told me so, which is why I am available for it again if needed.

I've said it to him in person, and in public, but I will say it again... thanks for a great party.

I've said it to him in person, and in public, but I will say it again... thanks for a great party.
I had a chance to tell him in person, and no, he doesn't know me from Adam, it's just that our paths crossed, and I told him how much I enjoyed the party -- he was a gentleman and thanked me for attending.

Last edited:
I've called him twice so far, as have a few others, and haven't heard back, which is a bit unusual and I trust he is doing well. I now how he can get when he gets into a funk.

P.S. For the record, if anyone ever though otherwise [but I don't know why they wouldn't know this already], Slinky deserves a 95+% share for making these parties happen. I help a little bit during the ramp up and then I do most of what ever it is I actually do on the day of, but that isn't a lot either unless someone does something particularly stupid. That goodness, while there have been small issues to deal with from time to time, nothing big has ever come up. I know Slinky appreciates it as he has told me so, which is why I am available for it again if needed.

I second that motion. I hope Slinky does realize how grateful we are to him for everything he does. Personally he has helped me so much on and off the board I can almost never repay. I am not going to bother him right now (tried once right after the party but nothing back also) but he knows I am a call away day or night.

Next Party

Not much of a poster, but a regular reader of you gentlemen's comments. Some LOL funny, some deranged, but all in all, a very entertaining read.

So when/where is the next party?