The dark side of sex

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
... gave me pause to think about the nasty underbelly of our society and how it may relate to our hobby
Thanks for highlighting this article. This is a touchy subject but I will add my comments. It also makes me pause to reflect on some of my own activities. On one hand it is a simple economic model of supply and demand. Sex is a commodity for which there is significant requirement. One can stratify both the providers as well as recipients and come up with some interesting characteristics. What are the motivations for what we (collectively) do? Honestly, it sickens me that children are coerced into such activities! The condition will exist as long as there is interest. It is a function of our individual value systems. I do not condone it. As a personal policy, I try to avoid any contact with individuals at the extreme low end of the age scale. Admittedly, I have had contact with 'business' participants in their early twenties. I do believe in free choice. I always ask how they got started. The responses center on economic necessity, either short term or longer term.

If you ask how they felt the first time, you really begin to touch a nerve. I have seen tears form in a young womans eyes as she recalled her first experience. She is a 'tougher' person today but she was willing to share her sadness with me. The encounter cost me a 'piece of my heart' and created an obligation to aid any young woman interested in transcending into a different life. Yes, I am a bit gullible but, I am not a 'patsy' for every young woman out there (just a few)! A considerable number of women are merely trying to provide for their children as best they can. They also evoke a compassionate response.

The real issue is whether or not my activities perpetuate their 'exploitation'. We live in an economic society whose very premise is based on exploitation. I could talk about Native Americans or slavery. We all know the issues, both pro and con. Look at the 'blue collar' layoffs by 'white collar' managers who subsequently receive financial incentives for maintaining corporate efficiency. I have been fortunate enough to encounter women willing to cater to my prurient demands. Iwould like to think that both parties left with a better feeling and understanding about the other.

Best regards,

'Othello'

Othello,

I wasn't able to read either of your four identical posts, can you please post it again? :rolleyes:

[Edited by Phantom on 09-10-2001 at 03:51 PM]

Originally posted by Phantom
Othello,

I wasn't able to read either of your four identical posts, can you please post it again? :rolleyes:

[Edited by Phantom on 09-10-2001 at 03:51 PM]
Sorry for the foulup. i am beginning to wonder about Netscape 6. I get ? instead of quote marks.