The beginnings...

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I'll be back later this week when I can clear my head. Who exactly did I get to where I am today anyway? Fucked up relationships with women...isolation from my family...picking up the occaisional street walker...dating mostly illegal aliens...

Maybe I'll hash it out all here.

Gavy

I'll be back later this week when I can clear my head. Who exactly did I get to where I am today anyway? Fucked up relationships with women...isolation from my family...picking up the occaisional street walker...dating mostly illegal aliens...

Maybe I'll hash it out all here.

Gavy
you say this like it's a bad thing. welcome to life, bro. join the club. lol.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Kicked out of the house...

The story I've told over the years had me getting kicked out of my parents house right before my 20th birthday. I was definitely 21 years old at the time, though. I finished up at the university in 3 years and had just started my masters is whatever.

Well, I was enjoying life. For some reason, the loan company sent me $10,000 more than I needed for my first year masters and I was hanging out hardcore. I finished up the first semester with A's and B+'s, but the secend semester was my downfall. There was this young star professor that was published a lot. She was a woman and if you haven't gotten around to it by now, I have issues with women in positions of authority. Well, I clashed with her and got a reputation in the master's program. That plus not studying led to my demise of my first attempt at a masters degree. I was immature.

So, I went on vacation to Mexicao with 3 friends and I was sitting at the bar hammered and having fun hanging out with some 15 year old Mexican cutie. And I decided not to go back to the university.

I got back stateside and once my old man caught wind that I wasn't going back to school, he kicked me out of the house. I lived with a friend whose parents traveled extensively. They were gone at this point in time, so it was perfect. I was there for a few weeks and my mother was begging me to come home. Now this friend's parents were about to come home and I had to make a decision to move back in or find a place to stay...cheap.

Enter: JACKSON HEIGHTS

I had visited the whorehouses in Jackson Heights with my friends since 1992. Now I never, ever participated. I swear. I just went in and sat in the lobby. Being a white boy from lily-white Long Island, just being in the presence of something "so wrong" was a thrill. Well, here it is, 2+ years later and I knew Jackson Heights was a hole (at that time). But the rent was cheap. I got a huge "studio" with a seperate kitchen, huge walk-in closet and long hallway for $395 a month. That was about half of my take home at the time. But that's how I came to live in Jackson Heights.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Altagracia

Technically, I met Altagracia before geting kicked out of my house. I was taking an introductory psychology class at the university and was in class with a group of Latin people. This had to be 1992. And in this class was Altagracia.

Now I was this white boy from the suburbs and had very little contact with anyone outside my race before. I went to school in NYC and saw all sorts of different girls. When I met Altagracia, my life changed.

She was about 5'1", half Puerto Rican/half Ecuadoran. She had the sickest thick body and D-Cup sized breasts. And she was very beautiful. She sat in the back of the classroom with her friends. Me being "cool" also sat back there in my Levi jacket, my K-Swiss sneakers and probably flannel shirts (LOL ~ so early 90s grunge LI). It took me half the semester to even say hello to her and her friends.

Anyway, she was always in the cafeteria after classes. The cafeteria was "the place" to be at in the university. If was like a club. You had Greeks (litereally Greek people, not frats) in once section of tables, you had Latinos in a section right near them. On the other side, you had Asians, there was a section of baseball players, in the corner you had a fraternity that couldn't get space in the lounge. I hung out in the middle section...people not belonging to a group. After meeting Altagracia, I made a point to sit within 2 tables f her section.

Wow, this story is going to take longer than I thought. Be back later...

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
So, I sandwiched my self in between her section of the cafeteria. And I saw her everday. She wore this one white bodysuit and some tight form fitting jeans (thin early 90s style). Man, she'd drive me crazy when she wore that.

Anyway, I sat a few tables from her in the cafeteria and about two rows in front of her in psych class. I was waiting for my moment to strike up a conversation. ANd then it happened. For some reason, the PR contingent of girls in the cafeteria were looking at a Playgirl magazine. They were laughing and having fun with it and this was my moment to pounce.

I walked over to this group of girls and said,"Oh, I thought you had March '91...that's the issue I'm in". And that was the ice breaker. From then on out, I had Latina friends at the university. It's amazing. Those girls were in a little clique of Puerto Ricans. Some of the basketball players moved in the circle. But, from then on out, I was their "token" white friend.

Now, I never hooked up with Altagracia at the university. She was this obsession. She was dating some 18 year old punk (I think she was 22 or 23) and he knew EXACTLY what my angle was. Guy really disliked me, played along with the crowd of "Gavy being so cool, Gavy being so funny" just to save face, but deep down he hated me. One day, he called me out on it. "Yeah, I know you're trying to get my girl" or something to that effect. I denied it. But he knew.

Now befriending this group really made my status in the cafeteria explode. For some reason, everyone took a liking to me and my 3 or 4 friends. We were at one point some of the most popular people in the school. No joke. Where I sat became a hanging point for a lot of girls. Like I wrote, I hadn't hooked up with Altagracia, but me and my friends got a lot of residual pussy. Our status at school and the bars across the way knew no bounds. And I don't know why that happened. A lilly white kid from the South Shore of LI, two guys from Queens Village and a kid from Elmhurst. The four most popular kids on campus for 3 semesters. Go figure.

Well, my love/obsession for Altagracia grew and grew and even some of the professors took note. One went out his way to hook me up. Crazy...I know. Years later, I found out that the other tried hitting on her himself.

So, I beome popular, she was still dating this thug and we graduate. Fast forward a couple of years and she calls me out of the blue. I am dating this uber-hot girl from Portugal, Lolita (LOL, real name). And Altagracia calls me. It was something I just had to do. And we went out in Manhattan a few times. We went to Gonzalez y Gonzalez, The Bank and other clubs in that area. And then, on the night the Yankees won the World Series in '96, I wound up hooking up with Altagracia at Nell's. We took our makeout session from there to some hip dive bar down there. We wound up in the bathroom of this bar and we are getting all hot and heavy. She unbuttoned my pants and started giving me head. And then, out of the blue, a BANG-BANG-BANG on the bathroom door! It's her fucking 4'10" fat white friend. She was the typical fat, ugly friend that hot girls with low self esteem have (you know, to make them feel better). Well, this girl had been hanging with us from time to time and I suspected that she liked me. Well, leave it to her to ruin the moment.

Altagracia left the bathroom, the fat friend told me that she was just going to hurt me (who cares, she was sucking my dick!) and that was one of the last times I saw her. Wow. Sad. The next time or two we talked, she was aloof. I heard she got a tattoo that read "Silent Pain". Whatever.

Sad story? Nope. I wound up talking to her little sister. She was 18 at the time and I was 23. She would take the train into Jackson Heights and we'd spend a lot of time together. Man, the little sister was hotter than Altagracia. She was the first one to help me set up and ****** account. She was at my apartment a lot. And we made out a lot. But I was such a little homo back then, I didn't want to ruin any chances I had with Altagracia. Well, Altagracia caught wind of what was going on. Callled me up and screamed at me. Telling me that her sister was a "baby" and that I was "sick". And that was the end of my relationship with her.

I ran into the little sister a few years later. She was dating one of th PR guys from that group. Solid guy. I was with this hottie that I met dancing at Ilda's and then worked for Delgado Travel. Hmmm...that was years ago. It seems like a lifetime.

And here I am in 2008. Dating an emotionally distant girl that I think I hate more than love. Life really is crazy sometimes...

Gavy

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus

I had visited the whorehouses in Jackson Heights with my friends since 1992. Now I never, ever participated. I swear. I just went in and sat in the lobby. Being a white boy from lily-white Long Island, just being in the presence of something "so wrong" was a thrill. Well, here it is, 2+ years later and I knew Jackson Heights was a hole (at that time). But the rent was cheap. I got a huge "studio" with a seperate kitchen, huge walk-in closet and long hallway for $395 a month. That was about half of my take home at the time. But that's how I came to live in Jackson Heights.
This is where it gets good...

I was there from 1990 - 1993

Gavy, you making out with Altagracia's sister may be a story from your early days, but it seems so foretelling, so similar to complex relationships with sisters or girls who were close like sisters. Some of the stories of the last two years come to my mind.

kudos for the line "Oh, I thought you had March '91...that's the issue I'm in". The right words in the right time certainly opened a few decisive doors in the right age.

Great story as always.