taking a break

H.P. - You got it. It's on my list. By the way, isn't J.D. Salinger living in Vermont? You Independent guys you! You've got some gorgeous golf courses up there damn it! Mount Snow... I love you in summer time!

LittleGuy, Ok I admit it. I'm just a foolish female who should be seen and not heard. Good thing I don't drive a car or can you imagine?! I'd be one of those female drivers! Driving with my foot in my mouth. I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on cause unless I am on the golf course or on the job (or in bed - asleep) I always speak what is "real" to me, from the heart and people just do not like to hear it. You aren't the only one I am sure. My "politics" is militant and passionate and I annoy people with it all the time :) By the way, if I ever heard a lady talking about another human being like what I hear in the "men's club" I'd throw away my garter belts for good. I've never known a woman to be that cold...if you find a woman that bad mouthed or mean spirited send her my way and I'll teach her some manners...in a nice way :) And you know what...that cool headed, thinking-before-you-speak kind of thing is very sexy in a man but it ain't my style. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it's merits with all my heart :)

Guys, I'm not talking about right-click...I'm looking into something which could make us all happy - If I find it I'll e-mail it to JAG.

[Edited by Candide on 05-28-2001 at 07:26 PM]

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by Candide
H.P. - You got it. It's on my list. By the way, isn't J.D. Salinger living in Vermont? You Independent guys you! You've got some gorgeous golf courses up there damn it! Mount Snow... I love you in summer time!

Thanks Candide.
Yes I believe that he does live up here, but I dont know where. Solznenitsyn(sp) used to live about 10 miles down the road from me, no one saw him either. Now where does Thomas Pynchon live?
We do have some wonderful courses that are open to the public, the new one at Okemo is a gem, and my course, Crown Point, is one of the underrated jewels of New England. Anytime you want to play( golf) up here let me know.
take care HP

[Edited by Hotpuppy on 05-28-2001 at 08:15 PM]

Littleguy...I like to play Myrtle Beach, Scottsdale, Vermont and Orlando and Ket West. Golf in my hometown (NYC) is depressing...I play Marine Park, that course on Staten Island, in Queens near Corona but frankly I find myself going through pails of balls with my woods off of Chelsea Pier more than anything else...It's not a bad way to spend a Saturday with a friend :) I am SO GLAD the winter is over. My handicap is bigger than my bra size :) That's all I'll say.

H.P You lucky coot you! You're on - Vermont is smokin'! Pynchon, Soltznitzen(sp?) and Salinger move over.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by Candide

H.P You lucky coot you! You're on - Vermont is smokin'! Pynchon, Soltznitzen(sp?) and Salinger move over.
Just say when...

Marine Park is a riot, guys in guinea tees tossing empty beer cans and epithets with equal ease all over the course. One time I was behind a foursome of Sal, Vito, Tony and Cheech, who were behind a foursome of Japanese business men playing the slowest round in golf history and these guys were absolutely vitriolic and inventive in their abuse. What a day, a true good walk spoiled.
take care HP

Carl M

Hanging by a thread
Re: yup Candide

Originally posted by LIDAWN

One of the resons i retired was due to some of these people who are relentless and cruel and even i hate to say stalker quality..
Dawn
[/B]
At least we finally got you to admit it, your not taking a break- Your Retired!!