Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Other (explain if you care)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
So Blackberry gets a better reception?
The reception thing is an AT&T issue, not an iPhone issue. And it depends on coverage. I have heard that AT&T is much better nationally thank it is in NYC.

I haven't played with a G1, so I can't compare. But I can tell you that the iPhone is the nicest piece of technology that I have ever touched.

I haven't played with a G1, so I can't compare. But I can tell you that the iPhone is the nicest piece of technology that I have ever touched.
I know, I fell in love with it, from the first moment. But I did not want to interrupt my plan so I waited. Now as usually my curiosity is messing things up again.

Some people say Verizon has the best reception in NYC, but I'd hate to go with them.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
I was T-mobile for 7 years and just switched to Verizon. I got the new voyager phone, and a plan that is only 10 bucks more a month than my T- mobile plan was with a whole lot more features. The funny thing is I never got a signal in my office with my T-moble phone or my sprint blackberry. My verizon phone gets a decent signal and can still connect to the web. Not bad for being in a basement with no windows...

Thanks wolf. I have always been with T-Mobile. I am so frustrated recently with the signal and you are not the first one praising Verizon to me on this department.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Thanks wolf. I have always been with T-Mobile. I am so frustrated recently with the signal and you are not the first one praising Verizon to me on this department.
Your welcome, one more thing I just put my daughter on Verizon and now she is able to call me from school, her T-mobile phone got no signal there. Seems to me Verizon has much better coverage and with no roaming charges anymore seems to be the best choice. Anyway that is my opinion. Oh and I do not work for verizon....

Last edited:
Which one has the best reception in New York?
Verizon.

And, because they have superior reception, they usually offer the worst phones! They're entire marketing strategy is based on coverage being the driver for sales, not the phones. That said, the business is changing and they may have to rethink this soon.

Anyone looked at the new BlackBerry touch screen device?

I have the Storm and have had no issues with it as described in the Times article. I am new to a BB device, my prior phone being a Windows Mobile device. I looked at and liked the Google phone alot...and would have gone in that direction....but the T-Mobile service scared me off. Hopefully Verizon will not sit on its network coverage and get into the game with new hardware offerings (hey...I can dream, can't I?).

Because I was due for an upgrade on my plan anyway, the Storm ended up costing me $100 at Best Buy. They didn't offer the $50 rebate for a 2 yr commitment rather choosing to offer the phone at $199. Also, at the time, Best Buy offered a free bluetooth headset with a retail price of $49.00 (which I needed a new one of anyway) so I feel like my actual out of pocket cost was lower.

Normally Verizon gives you 30 days to try out the new phone with the option of returning it in that window if you don't like it. Because of the Holiday shopping season, Best Buy is extending that until January 24th so if if ends up being a buggy phone or something better comes along, I can return it. That's one of the reasons I went to Best Buy instead of a Verizon store to get the new phone.

Enjoy,
CD

the BB Storm is insane, if you get it though, make sure you do a firmware update, the iphone I would stay away from... not a good phone, cool bells and whistles but not a great phone.

fuckingahole said:
the BB Storm is insane, if you get it though, make sure you do a firmware update, the iphone I would stay away from... not a good phone, cool bells and whistles but not a great phone.
FAH is right about the firmware. Many gadget & mobile phone blogs are reporting problems with the shipped firmware. Update it as soon as you can.

I've seen the T-Mobile G1 up close and I'm impressed buy the google apps integration and the underlying Android OS. I will not move to T-Mobile because I have seen family members & coworkers on T-Mobile and AT&T suffer from dropped calls while my phone & even previous phone on Verizon, never dropped calls.

I've not seen the Blackberry Storm or Bold up close. I am intrigued by the Storm's click-touch screen and love the look of the Bold.

Now, I do not work for Verizon. I do not make any money off of Verizon phones. I am not a shill but I only know this because a coworker is interested in smartphones & we have been talking about the Storm, G1, and reading reviews, discussing pros/cons for the past week.

The Samsung Omnia just appeared in on Verizon Wireless last week. Articles around the internet say $250, but VZW is now offering it at $200. VZW stores won't have in stock for you to play with until Friday or Mon Dec 8. This Omnia phone looks pretty good and Verizon did not rip out the WiFi.
Omnia review
another Omnia review

I have a LG env2. Cheap, QWERTY keyboard, & for now it does what I need it to do.