Stretch Marks

Emily,
If you look at my post you will see that infertility remark was a ps. One persons "dismay" is anothers joy.

The main point (that I obviously didn't get across) is that "dismay" ( a def: utter disheartenment ) may be too strong a term to describe a minor cosmetic problem. If he earned his living as a model and he suffered some disfiguring injury – then dismay is the word.

He obviously is very fit and has fit looking body – count your blessings on the major stuff and forget about the minor stuff.

Emily,
If you look at my post you will see that infertility remark was a ps. One persons "dismay" is anothers joy.

The main point (that I obviously didn't get across) is that "dismay" ( a def: utter disheartenment ) may be too strong a term to describe a minor cosmetic problem. If he earned his living as a model and he suffered some disfiguring injury – then dismay is the word.

He obviously is very fit and has fit looking body – count your blessings on the major stuff and forget about the minor stuff.
Yes, your right about counting our blessings and I think about my luck more than my misfortunes all the time. I still think what others consider small stuff might seem very big to someone else. He might not be a model but he worked hard on his body and it should bother him if he doesn't like the way he looks on the beach or other places his skin is exposed. Of course it might be as my wise doctor puts it a "luxury problem" but it is still a significant concern to the person it is affecting.

Yes, your right about counting our blessings and I think about my luck more than my misfortunes all the time. I still think what others consider small stuff might seem very big to someone else. He might not be a model but he worked hard on his body and it should bother him if he doesn't like the way he looks on the beach or other places his skin is exposed. Of course it might be as my wise doctor puts it a "luxury problem" but it is still a significant concern to the person it is affecting.
There are people who look at a rare beautiful sunset and see just that and there are those that see the same scene and comment on "'too bad - it would be perfect if there wasnt that telephone pole in the distance". Which one do you think is more at peace with themselves and life in general?

Not to me. If you substitute your definition for dismay into this sentence " He had dismay when looking at his stretch marks" you end up with an obsurdity. Mine fits.
Which is irrelevant. My definition fits into Sidekicks original statement AND its in the dictionary.

There are people who look at a rare beautiful sunset and see just that and there are those that see the same scene and comment on "'too bad - it would be perfect if there wasnt that telephone pole in the distance". Which one do you think is more at peace with themselves and life in general?
And there are people who want to live their life a certain way and people that want to tell others how they think they should live their lives. The fucking guy just wants to get rid of some stretch marks....geez. Thats like me asking someone to refer a doctor for lasik because I don't want to wear glasses and you telling me I should be happy I even have vision.

After having hand surgery, my occupational therapist told me the scars would never go away but cocoa butter makes them less noticable. Not sure if this would work with stretch marks.

And there are people who want to live their life a certain way and people that want to tell others how they think they should live their lives. The fucking guy just wants to get rid of some stretch marks....geez. Thats like me asking someone to refer a doctor for lasik because I don't want to wear glasses and you telling me I should be happy I even have vision.
Good call Ace. That's exactly what I was detecting.