Sneakers

Diner was a 30 minute wait! The outside seating looked really nice though.

I went to taco place, was meh. Flavors were all muddled and just not authentic. Had the brisket and Caribbean chicken taco. It was pretty crowded too. My favorite down there is the Rolling Spring Roll.

I'm looking for a good cheap walking shoe/sneaker/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

A few years ago I needed to stand a lot. Like 15 hours/day day after day. That eventually shifted into less standing and more walking. Either way my legs and ankles turned into jelly. At one point I limped. I did a lot of looking and eventually opted for a Sketchers and felt like I was walking on air and it solved all of the leg problems. After a year and a bad winter I need another pair. It was discontinued and so I got another pair online. The first pair last around a year and a half and the second pair about 3 years. Daily use on both pairs. I couldn't find it last I looked and not even sure what model it was anymore.

If I recall I picked up the original at Modell's at around $65 and the online one about $45. Anything out there similar?

Have you tried skechers.com ? I am sure you have, just saying.
Maybe try Amazon? They usually have some older editions in stock for cheap.
Same thing with the major department stores, Macy's/Lord & Taylor - They might have your model in stock that you're looking for.

I've had problems of fit with a shoe in the same model category but of the following year (The sales guy or runners mag review will say ..."XXX model of brand YYY is running narrow, wide, short, long, whatever this year".
So I don't see how anyone can buy a shoe online unless they are ordering the exact same model of a shoe they already have just to have a second pair.

Just my 2 cents.

I did try looking a few months back and couldn't come up with it. Not sure I have the model available anymore. Anyway I'm asking for any sneaker ideas along the same concerns as the one mentioned: "walking on air" for lots of standing/walking.