Sneakers

Anyone recommend a good running/walking sneaker. I have had 2 air bubbles pop on 2 pair of Nike 180's in last 6 month and I am done with Nike. After 20+ years of almost everything Nike (I just love that fucking logo, GENOUS!) I need to let go.

I was pricing out New Balance, when did they become $150-$175 for a pair of their sneakers.

I am looking for a wider, all black good running/walking sneaker, lightweight. Preferably with an air cushion, but not a necessity.

Thanks in advance gents!

Go to joesnewbalanceoutlet.com . They discount NB. Sign up for emails and you'll get special deals sent to you.
Yes, I've been buying from Joes for years...

And since I pronate and heel strike when I run ( no matter how much I try to use better form)

I got insoles from Upstep, I got my first set when they came on the market for much less than what they charge now... Although I like them so much when I wear this set out Ill get another set at a premium..

Try on a pair of Adidas ultra boost or Adidas nmd. Both feature boost cushioning and are very comfortable. You won't really find air in other brands because it's patented by nike

Anyone recommend a good running/walking sneaker. I have had 2 air bubbles pop on 2 pair of Nike 180's in last 6 month and I am done with Nike. After 20+ years of almost everything Nike (I just love that fucking logo, GENOUS!) I need to let go.

I was pricing out New Balance, when did they become $150-$175 for a pair of their sneakers.

I am looking for a wider, all black good running/walking sneaker, lightweight. Preferably with an air cushion, but not a necessity.

Thanks in advance gents!
Keens. Best for walking hiking

Thanks in advance gents!
Puma.. Modells... Black..not expensive..NB can be had for as little as $60

Thanks in advance gents!
Try Runners Edge, 242 Main St, Farmingdale. This is a well known top notch place that is well known to runners and has been around forever. Pricing is competitive with internet; they have staff that are all runners and know what they are doing to properly fit you (bring in your present pair of running shoes and they will analyze the wear patterns. I always go during end of each season when they are clearing out season specific stuff for up coming season with half price sale (not shoes). They have area in store where you can do a short run to see how shoes feel, have no problem with you running outside with shoes in parking lot or sidewalk. The only time over the years I didn't like the shoe I bought (after a 3 mile run with them), I brought them back, told them what I didn't like and they exchanged them for a different brand pair that was specific to my objection.

Ps. A running shoe (sneaker as you put it) is for running; a walking shoe is for walking — they have different characteristics. Also, running shoes do not "break in"—when you buy a pair it must fit perfectly right out of the box.

Also, they are on of the sponsers for the Farmingdale Main street Mile run beginning of sept which is pretty much an opportunity to hang out with a lot of male and female runners in running attire after the race at Nutty Irshman all day drinking half price beers and free buffet lunch.
Proceeds of race (something like $20 entrance) goes to Lion’s Den interactive playrooms in children's hospitals across North America.

Also, if you park in the village READ the parking signs and follow the rules, e.g. if you do pull through parking (to face out of the spot) you will get a ticket. Plenty of lots and if full park in close by neighborhood streets.

Or you can go to Modell's, talk to some high school part time kid sales staff who knows zero about what you need and pay same price.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Try Runners Edge, 242 Main St, Farmingdale. This is a well known top notch place that is well known to runners and has been around forever. Pricing is competitive with internet; they have staff that are all runners and know what they are doing to properly fit you (bring in your present pair of running shoes and they will analyze the wear patterns. I always go during end of each season when they are clearing out season specific stuff for up coming season with half price sale (not shoes). They have area in store where you can do a short run to see how shoes feel, have no problem with you running outside with shoes in parking lot or sidewalk. The only time over the years I didn't like the shoe I bought (after a 3 mile run with them), I brought them back, told them what I didn't like and they exchanged them for a different brand pair that was specific to my objection.

Ps. A running shoe (sneaker as you put it) is for running; a walking shoe is for walking — they have different characteristics. Also, running shoes do not "break in"—when you buy a pair it must fit perfectly right out of the box.

Also, they are on of the sponsers for the Farmingdale Main street Mile run beginning of sept which is pretty much an opportunity to hang out with a lot of male and female runners in running attire after the race at Nutty Irshman all day drinking half price beers and free buffet lunch.
Proceeds of race (something like $20 entrance) goes to Lion’s Den interactive playrooms in children's hospitals across North America.

Also, if you park in the village READ the parking signs and follow the rules, e.g. if you do pull through parking (to face out of the spot) you will get a ticket. Plenty of lots and if full park in close by neighborhood streets.

Or you can go to Modell's, talk to some high school part time kid sales staff who knows zero about what you need and pay same price.
I always buy my running shoes there and the staff is a big part of that.
Last year around this time they were having events in conjunction with the Meetball Place down the block. There was a sneaker company that let you try there brand for the run (about three miles thru the streets then into Bethpage State Park) and then two coupons, one good for a free beer and one for free meatball slider over at the Meetball Place.
But yeah, I always recommend Runners Edge to anyone looking for running shoes.

I know exactly where it is, its right next to that new diner that just opened up down there, right?
Yup, and right across the street is a Taco place High Tide Taco Bar that has outstanding fish tacos (cod, shrimp, seared tuna — I always have the tuna, seared and raw on inside). Real Tacos — not your Taco bell!

Too bad there aren't any more AMPs - used to be 3 within a block or two.

I always found it hard in that lot because it's smaller than the one across the street where I used to park for the AMP. Now with the diner I find myself circling at least twice before I get a spot.
Took me 20 minutes to get a spot yesterday, finally got one and headed into the shoe store. Was going to check out the diner, 30 minute wait. WOW. Outside seating looks great over there though. Went to taco bar and had a few tacos. Brisket, Caribbean Chicken - both meh. Flavors were more muddled than in sing with each other. Nice little outside seating area, might give it another shot.

Before leaving the country, I went to Costco to get some simple clothes. They had a rugged pair of Fila running shoes for about 20 bucks. Tried them on and they felt as good as any New Balance or other high-priced running shoe I ever wore. I bought 3 pairs.

In my new temporary country, I walk as a chief means of transportation, so shoes are my vehicle. I walked incessantly with them and through floods and mud and really bad conditions. The soles almost remained perfect after 10 months of constant usage, meaning, the rubber that touches the road showed almost no worn-out decline.

The upper structure remained strong and the stitching is super strong but eventually my little toe started to wear away on the fabric and the inner sole cushion touching my feet (I don't wear socks) became worn. (I could have easily replaced it) But after becoming soaked and drying out many times, she lost her bounce and started looking drab and worn. But for 20 bucks and wearing them about 16 hours a day for 10 continuous months in harsh conditions, they performed admirably.

I merely dumped them and went on to my second pair.