Smokers and smoking meats

I bought a green mountain Jim Bowie pellet smoker.
One really great way to make the best gravy is to smoke a turkey, catch the fat and strain out the large pieces and make gravy from it. Your mouth will love you forever for it. Brine the turkey also.

Also prefer savory rub on beef - salt, garlic and pepper on beef plate "dino" ribs and just salt and garlic on beef cheeks. If you have a good butcher who cleans them up properly, beef cheeks are life changing - little pillows of what tastes like the best brisket ever and they're up to 210 degrees (which melts all of the collagen) in less than 2 hours.

Also prefer savory rub on beef - salt, garlic and pepper on beef plate "dino" ribs and just salt and garlic on beef cheeks. If you have a good butcher who cleans them up properly, beef cheeks are life changing - little pillows of what tastes like the best brisket ever and they're up to 210 degrees (which melts all of the collagen) in less than 2 hours.
Magical is another word to describe beef cheeks. The plumpest, most tender, beefiest bite of meat you could imagine. I take a properly cooked beef cheek over any Waygu or Kobe beef. Pork cheeks are also incredible.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Amazing. At my advanced age I never heard of beef cheeks.

I actually had to Google it, I assumed it was the ass because train of thought here, cheeks are butt cheeks.

Less then novice when it comes to cooking on a smoker , but a big fan of traditional BBQ on a gas Weber

For you smokers- Transplanters from the traditional grill, or do you use both?

Can a smoker cook a traditional steak, chop or burger? What about cooking times?

Tia
Burgers come out great - the smoke takes them to another level. I do 2" thick steaks on the smoker too, but they need to be seared at the end. Current pellet grills have a direct heat searing feature that mine doesn't. I sear with a Grillgun, which is a handheld flamethrower that runs on 1 lb camping propane tanks. Fun tool/toy.