Does anyone Skype? I need to download it for a conference call for my vanilla job and really not sure what plan to sign up for. Is it secure? Has anyone had any experience with Skype? Any information that you could share would be great.
Thank you,
AM

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
I've got Skype as well, on my computer and my iPhone. Tons of company's use it so I would imagine it's relatively secure, though I haven't looked into it myself.

You don't need any sort of plan. It's free to use it to chat with other Skype users over the Internet. Video chat's too. The only time you need money for Skype is if you are using Skype to dial a land line. A lot of people use it that way for cheap international calls. But if you need it for a conference call, most likely, everyone on the call will be coming in from the net, and it will be free for you.

I've got Skype as well, on my computer and my iPhone. Tons of company's use it so I would imagine it's relatively secure, though I haven't looked into it myself.

You don't need any sort of plan. It's free to use it to chat with other Skype users over the Internet. Video chat's too. The only time you need money for Skype is if you are using Skype to dial a land line. A lot of people use it that way for cheap international calls. But if you need it for a conference call, most likely, everyone on the call will be coming in from the net, and it will be free for you.
I thought it was free when you call other people with Skype accounts, and pay when you call anyone else, regardless of whether or not they're on a land line? (Isn't Google's phone service basically the same, in that both users need to download Google software in order to use the service for free?)