Seeking recommendations for electric razor

I have a Braun foil razor, that is about 10 years old. I have never replaced anything. The razor is very painful to use: I feel like it is yanking hairs out rather than cutting them. And to get a close shave, I have to rub over the skin repeatedly, like I am sanding my face. The net effect is that my face is all red for the next 12 hours.

I am thus seeking recommendations for a comfortable and close electric razor.

I thought this best belonged in health & fitness. Rather than In Search Of.
No disrespect for our rules intended.

{Note from UG Staff: this is 100% the correct choice for post placement}

I was using a Mach 3 razor for some time but I got sick of being subjected to cuts and razor burn. Last year I switched to electric razors by purchasing a Norelco on amazon. Here's the model: Norelco 7800 XLCC So far it's been great, no more cuts and it's convenient. The downside to this is that it would take about twice as long to shave in order to get as close a shave as possible but no matter how hard I try, the shave will never be as close as a manual razor. For this model, the blade consists of a single ring for the cutting surface. For some, that might be adequate depending on their facial hair. I don't have a lot of facial hair but my facial hair is rather coarse so I had a hard time shaving with it. In my opinion, the blade/cutting head is inadequate, so here's a tip: you can swap blades from a higher model with a three ring cutting surface. My Norelco is a 7000 series model and the blades I swapped are from a 9000 series model. The blades fit just fine even though Norelco "discourages" this. It's just their ploy for consumers to purchase the higher models. Amazon has occasional sales on electric razors, check it out.

I've probably tried about three different electric razors in my lifetime and always went back to the old razor blade. I love using the Mach 3 Power (the one with the battery that makes it vibrate). I get a great shave every time. I just think that choosing a razor or an electric razor varies too much depending on the type of skin and how often you shave.

Norelco's are like the AK47 of electric razors. Inexpensive,tough,and not the most precise but even after years of abuse it will shave you without ripping your face. A blade does a better job but 99% of the time you don't need a better job.