Seeker, I apologize...

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I want to apologize for my part in escalating a needless flame war with you. If you look back to those terrible moments back in August 2007, I was in the midst of hitting rock bottom. I was drinking a lot. I thought I was bigger than the board. I was very immature and I guess, looking back on it, I turned on you. And you were one of my biggest supporters on the board.

Well, I haven't contributed a lot over the last year or so. And UG has definitely changed. I think one thing that would make this place better is if you actually started posting again. (OK, OK, maybe don't start so many threads ;) ).

I hope that you accept my apology. I am sorry for my behavior and hope that you take this as an honest olive branch. I was hoping to meet up with you last week with lightweight so I could have done this in person.

Sincerely,
Gavy

gavycrav

Well thank you Gavy ... I do appreciate your candor here.

On the one hand ... no apology was needed ... however, since you posted it, you certainly deserve a reasonable response.

So, I will accept your olive branch and at the same time, extend an apology to you for any past flame wars and insulting posts that were directed at you.

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Now the major question for 2010 is ... how do we get all the major contributors here to resume active posting on this board ????

seeker6591

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I was really bummed I couldn't meet up with seeker last week with teps and lightweight. I honestly wanted to give seeker a hug and just go on and bs about how we can make UG a better place, just like seeker referred to in the above post.

Seeker, you made me feel real happy by your quick response. Again, I am sorry for my hurtful posts and just everything. This place is a lot better with you posting.

Gavy

billyS

Reign of Terror
I commend gavy for this post and hope others take his leading by example for this new year!!!!!!
I agree. I think Seeker should start by apologizing to me for continually calling me a racist and an anti-Semite and emailing providers and telling them not to see me because of the fore mentioned two things.
It would be nice if he showed his face at a UG event and made the apology in person.

Well, what's a board without hot debates, ego and competition. And in the heat of the moments insults will fly. It is part of life.

See, flame wars will be around forever. There is no formula to stop them from coming back. From, the board's perspective, I think it is important to stop fights from moving out of the related thread. When we start chasing each-other around the site then it is not about issues, it is personal and more importantly it hurts the board.