" Say It Ain't So, Sammy "

It has been reported by AP that 37 year old baseball "slugger" Sammy Sosa is likely to retire. I thought this quote was interesting:

"With baseball mired in accusations that star players used steroids, Sosa was among the players called to testify before a congressional committee last March. McGwire refused to answer questions about past steroid use. Sosa said he never used illegal steroids."

No steroids..just maybe a funky bat for about 10 years or so. lol.

What a shame and a relief...all in one breath. Does anyone really care if he breaks 600 home runs......since a large number of those were perhaps bogus ???

Bye bye Sammy.

Last edited:
BOnds, Sammy, Big Mac and ralfy all should be banned from the HOF. The only legit dudes are Griffey and Arod from this steroid era. I would even think Clemens was dabbling in the stuff.

Lascivious said:
BOnds, Sammy, Big Mac and ralfy all should be banned from the HOF. The only legit dudes are Griffey and Arod from this steroid era. I would even think Clemens was dabbling in the stuff.
could not agree with you more !!!

If you're gonna ban Griff and Arod, then nobody ouside of RAndy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Mariano Rivera Greg Maddux ,and Tom Glavine is getting in the hall from this steroid era. The only hitter is gonna be Derek Jeter.

One Strike Your Out ????

Lascivious said:
If you're gonna ban Griff and Arod, then nobody ouside of RAndy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Mariano Rivera Greg Maddux ,and Tom Glavine is getting in the hall from this steroid era. The only hitter is gonna be Derek Jeter.
not a bad idea Lascivious...perhaps they should use the same rule for steroids that they use for gambling (rule 21)....1st offense ...banishment for life...no reinstatement and no HOF. I also think that for steroids...ALL RECORDS should be expunged ....no asterick...no highlights... just completely eliminated. That would solve the problem instantly !!

seeker6591 said:
I also think that for steroids...ALL RECORDS should be expunged ....no asterick...no highlights... just completely eliminated. That would solve the problem instantly !!
we could call this the Barry Bonds Rule.

I hope BB runs out of gas this season.

hopefully , he will not STINK up the game any further than he already has.

This Roid use through the years sort of makes the Black Sox Scandal look dim. And look at what happened to Shoeless Joe and the Gang. But then again, Million Dollar Lawyers like Johnny Cockroach (God Rest his soul) sorry make that Cochran were not around back then.

Last edited:
RoosterC74 said:
This Roid use through the years sort of makes the Black Sox Scandal look dim. And look at what happened to Shoeless Joe and the Gang. But then again, Million Dollar Lawyers like Johnny Cockroach (God Rest his soul) sorry make that Cochran were not around back then.
I think the 1 strike rule for steroids is a good idea.

Unfortunately, they could not apply it retroactively ...so the clock would start ticking for future players. Bonds I am afraid will apparently slip in under the wire just in time !!!

Selig has created a bigger potential problem for himself if Bonds breaks the record by not instituting a tough policy the last couple of years. Unfortunately, the clamor and the problem will not go away...it will linger around for quite some time and hover over MLB.

What has me spitting mad is ESPN still promoting him and his pursuit of the hr records. When Chris Berman sings his accolades when he breaks Aaron record, him and that network have no credibility left. Bonds on Bonds. If he doesn't talk about steroids, he should have no acknowledgement at all.