Providers: How do you feel about DATY and Dental Dams?

I thought they disappeared from the market after it became apparent that AIDs is hardly ever transmitted orally. The MD who started Central Park Medical explained to me once how amylase in saliva degrades the HIV protein coat. Of course there are other things you can get so I guess it's an option.
Actually, the amylase degrades the carbohydrate coating on the virus. On of the things that makes HIV such a BITCH to develop a vaccine for is the fact that it has a nice sugar coating (LITERALLY!) over most of it's surface, so there are not as much of the usual proteins for antibodies to latch onto. Under the saccharide coating is the typical protein shell.

Amylase typically breaks down starches into sugars in the mouth. The very thing that makes HIV so tenacious is what makes it vulnerable to saliva.

Actually, the amylase degrades the carbohydrate coating on the virus. On of the things that makes HIV such a BITCH to develop a vaccine for is the fact that it has a nice sugar coating (LITERALLY!) over most of it's surface, so there are not as much of the usual proteins for antibodies to latch onto. Under the saccharide coating is the typical protein shell.

Amylase typically breaks down starches into sugars in the mouth. The very thing that makes HIV so tenacious is what makes it vulnerable to saliva.
glycoprotein, and antigens are made from this. Nothing unusual there.

Last edited:
While i would prefer being eaten with no damn, if it's a safety issue for our play partners, then sure. However. I will automatically assume the BJ is to be covered as well. (It has to go both ways).

xxoo

Christine & Alex - Married Couple Adventures
Phlirty Phun Phantasies & Erotic Encounters in Phoenix

I don't know why a provider would complain. I don't require them, but would def. not a an issue if someone wanted to use one, it is more safe so why not? That being said I've never used one (but I'm new to providing). Do you bring your own dental dam or do you expect the provider to have one?

I <3 daty so of course I have no dental dams nor would I want one. If a client would like to use it, then I suppose there's a reason and I'd rather side on their best judgment. That said, I feel as though that one can be as protected as they want and still catch something. So, it really just comes to a matter of choice.

I'm a newbie and I'm still learning the ropes. I recently had my first session with an independent FS provider here in the East. It was fun, and I didn't embarass myself too much. Next week I'm traveling to Nevada and plan on patronizing a couple LNBs. I did that for the first time on my vacation last year.

I really like DATY. When you are discussing with your provider what you're looking for, what's the best way ask her if she's willing to do this without sounding like an idiot?

I'm a newbie and I'm still learning the ropes. I recently had my first session with an independent FS provider here in the East. It was fun, and I didn't embarass myself too much. Next week I'm traveling to Nevada and plan on patronizing a couple LNBs. I did that for the first time on my vacation last year.

I really like DATY. When you are discussing with your provider what you're looking for, what's the best way ask her if she's willing to do this without sounding like an idiot?
Don't directly ask her until after you've been verified / screened - and then we'd still suggest not asking.

Instead, read reviews and ask the authors of those reviews.