Posting URLs of other websites ...

I understood that this was ok only if it was in the context of a review.

Well, I thought mine was (Talita Evans) but the link to the other website was removed.

Seeking clarification is all, thanks mods.

V

Pretty sure that I did that to err on the side of caution. I'll have to revisit and discuss it with the mods.
Thanks, Sir B.

Have met a few providers advertising only at the other website. They did not have their own website like Talita did.

Will hold off on reviews for now, until a clear ruling is made in this regard.

V

Thanks, Sir B.

Have met a few providers advertising only at the other website. They did not have their own website like Talita did.

Will hold off on reviews for now, until a clear ruling is made in this regard.

V
Don't hold off. Post the reviews and if it's decided that the links can be in there, we can add them later.

I need a clarification please.....

I understand that links, and references (even cryptic ones) are against the rules.
I even think that I understand why!
But I thought "cut and paste" of ads was OK, so long as they contained no reference to their origin.

I thought I read something to the contrary earlier today, but I can't find it.
Even if I had, I would request this clarification.

UG has been a great resource for me, I want to contribute within the rules.
I have "cut and paste" many times, nobody said a word.
I AM guilty of "cryptic" references, thought it would be OK if subtle. I learned, will not repeat.
I also improperly formatted a telephone number, a common newbie mistake, will not repeat.

Personally, I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I want to be the best "me" I can.

TIA

billyS

Reign of Terror
I need a clarification please.....

I understand that links, and references (even cryptic ones) are against the rules.
I even think that I understand why!
But I thought "cut and paste" of ads was OK, so long as they contained no reference to their origin.
Yes you can do that if you are reviewing somebody.
The problem comes in if we can tell someone is posting it to shill.

Hope that answers your question.

The problem is that it used to be allowed. In fact, it was even encouraged back then because posting the ad copy and photos would help supplement a review. And even an ISO. I used to do it all the time even before I became a mod and no one took issue with it. Until recently, that is. So that's why it's confusing to some members.

P.S. You might also consider allowing members to post ad copy and pics in an ISO. Especially since posting links isn't allowed.

I want to post the URL of a website that allows you to see who called you, but not a site that is trying to take your money. Is this verboten? Or are only hobby-related sites off limits? I don't want to get in trouble.