Poppers have u tried this?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If you do a search for nitrous oxide looks like you can buy a box of 50 - 8 gram canisters for $25 each canister "sufficient to whip 1 pint (1/2 L) of liquid/cream"

Note: stuff comes out of canister at very cold temps sufficient to cause frost bite if directly in contact with skin.
1) I think you mean $25 per box, not cannister. You can get a case of 600 (25 boxes of 24) for $250 (less if you are a repeat customer on some sites) with free shipping.

2) The frostbite is only an issue with "crackers" which is why you need the balloons (which still won't prevent you from getting frostbite on your hand if you're not careful). You really want to use a soda/whip cream syphon. While the ISI brand are much more expensive, the mechanism is so much better it's worth the upcharge.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Also, some brands of cartridges are MUCH cleaner than others. You can tell by seeing how much black grease is left inside your syphon after a couple of thousand cartridges. Gives you an idea of how much of the same material made it into your lungs.

But most aren't that either anymore: they are asorted alkyl nitrites like butyl nitrite and isopropyl nitrate, ethyl chloride, and other solvents.
If they've got any volatile alkyl nitrites (including amyl, but also butyl, isobutyl, etc, nitrites), they are legally banned drugs. A whole variety of nitrite analogs were used as "poppers" before legislation made them illegal. I have no doubt that much of the stuff sold as poppers today are solvents of some dubious origin but I'm guessing that, to avoid legal jeopardy, none of them are nitrites.

1) I think you mean $25 per box, not cannister. You can get a case of 600 (25 boxes of 24) for $250 (less if you are a repeat customer on some sites) with free shipping.
Ah - the difference a left out comma makes:

If you do a search for nitrous oxide looks like you can buy a box of 50 - 8 gram canisters for $25 each canister "sufficient to whip 1 pint (1/2 L) of liquid/cream"

s.b.
If you do a search for nitrous oxide looks like you can buy a box of 50 - 8 gram canisters for $25, each canister "sufficient to whip 1 pint (1/2 L) of liquid/cream"