Pool/contest

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
I think this may have something to do with...

George

The fact that there are 10,000 posts on Utopia guide......

Perhaps they were guessing what time that would happen..... Looks like around 2:00 am give or take....(adjusting for deleted posts by APM)

Either that or Frog was trying to boost number of postings to reach Gold Status quicker

Man if I get this one correct.... I know I'm on here way too much...

John...

Frog's series of one-digit posts points up one of the fatal flaws in Carl M's suggestion that forum-members be required to post a certain weekly or monthly minimum -- or be branded as lurkers and given the boot. (And if his suggestion is adopted, will a post anything at all be acceptable, or will the moderator have to make a judgment about what constitutes acceptable content for the purpose of membership?).

ER

P.S. To slinky, frog, Carl and all: it's a great forum -- and the presence of a vast pool of infrequent participants (let's banish the term "lurker" just as we've banished those retrograde synonyms for "provider!") who are occasionally moved to make a contribution -- are one of the things that make it so valuable. Let's just regard our "infrequent participants" as analogous to the "reserve army of the unemployed" who, some argue, are essential to our capitalist system!!