Passport places to go?

thanks for the speedy response. I am going to drive, I just have to figure out where to go and how long it will take..ty
I hope this information is still relevant. Since you're going to drive, I highly recommend that you bring a passport with you. It's always best if you can prove to customs your citizenship, otherwise it would be a big hassle. If you're lucky and the agent is nice, you can get by with a driver's license. If not, you'll be sent to the immigration office for processing which could last a while. From personal experience, it has happened a few times; quite a hassle but it's not surprising as some of the agents "profile."

As for lodging, you might want to keep in mind that it's generally more expensive at the border due to the tourists.

Last edited:
I hope this information is still relevant. Since you're going to drive, I highly recommend that you bring a passport with you. It's always best if you can prove to customs your citizenship, otherwise it would be a big hassle. If you're lucky and the agent is nice, you can get by with a driver's license. If not, you'll be sent to the immigration office for processing which could last a while. From personal experience, it has happened a few times; quite a hassle but it's not surprising as some of the agents "profile."
It couldn't hurt to have a passport, but its not required. However, it is recommended to have more than just your drivers license. I was told to bring my birth certificate as well when I was planning a trip last month. I never got the chance to go, but I believe the information was good. I triple checked it because I didn't want to have any hassles as the border (not that I'd likely be subject to any profiling).

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Go to state dot gov slash travel. The new passport regulations are clearly explained at the Department of State website.

Last edited:
WARNING:

New rules in effect.

If you have a criminal record of ANY kind or if your involved in any criminal case even if unresolved or as minor as a court date for a ticket you will be turned back!

This is more of a travel warning for those who pre-book travel plans like planes, trains and buses because they will look you up and know even if you have a court date for ticket like jumping the subway entrance.

If driving it will be very unlikely that you will be asked to pull over for more questioning. This will become much more likely if you have poor i.d. If you do get asked to pull over for more questions they will not look up your record unless you get out of line or show them your suspicious. Keep cool as they check your car and don't tell them about your DUI even if they say "are you sure, we'll look it up". They will look to see if your "wanted" but they are not likely to look up your criminal record. But If they find ANYTHING you will be turning around.

This new harshness is not Canada's fault, it is the result of the US governments step up in the handling of Canadian travelers. They are only balancing the treatment. I suspect that in a year or two they may calm down on this. I hope this last point does not make someone highjack this post and try to turn it into an O'Reilly b.s. debate. If it does I will not be replying.

Coming back from Ontario

I was stopped at the NYS/Canada border, The usual spot checks, and was sent on my way. I noticed a large canine presence that I never had seen before. Good to know, that there is elevated security.

some help

I'm going up to montreal the last week in August and need some advice on what stripclubs to go to ?
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance