NYC Poker Clubs Still Open????

Does anybody know (without being too specific) which, if any, NYC poker clubs are still open? I haven't tried any since the busts a few weeks ago. Specifically, I was wondering about the club in the East 60s which is also known as a backgammon club. Any info??

I've never played in one of these clubs....
Without divulging any secret handshakes, etc., would anyone be kind enough to let me in on what these NYC poker clubs are like? What's the setup? What types and levels of games are spread? Generally, is the play better than at Foxwoods or A.C.? What's the rake or table-charge like? Is there an entrance fee? Food, beverages, hos available for purchase?

Curious...

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
a) No hos
b) No cover chrages
c) No rake
d) Table time usually varies with stakes (typical $1/$2 no limit is prob $10/hr)
e) Beverages yes (but mostly no alcohol), sometimes food, but most will order in for you.
f) Most have tournements at some times, usually $0 + $10 or so.
g) I think most have a couple of $1/$2 games at most times, with "frequent" $3/6 games and less frequent $5/$10 and even less frequent higher.
h) Most have between 6 and 12 tables (so "capacity" of 50 to 150 customers or so).

thanks.

i) All texas holdem or do you get the occassional stud, razz or omaha split?
j) When you say $1/$2, you're talking LIMIT holdem, right?
k) what's the "typical" player like.... middle aged white guys, college kids?
l) is the "typical" $3/$6 game tight or loose, passive or aggressive, how many players will see a "typical" flop?

Curious...

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
i) depends on the club. At most, very occassionally.
j) nope
k) mope
l) agressive, 2 or 3 (or zero). I would say zero is more common than 4. But there seems to be a lot of play with non-premium hands.