NYC board gone today???? EOM

I think staff made a mistake moving NY/NJ and PA together. For certain NY should have it's own section (NJ too). PA, DC and the rest can probably be lumped together but not the two or three cities that built this place and have the most posts/views.

Why Or Why Not?

Kind of took me by surprise this am when i didn't even have to log in and couldn't find the NJ thread. At first thought it was my computer. Didn't even have to log in to view the board. Not sure if this is a good idea. Not that we will ever know, but probably will result in "thousands of lookers and/or lurkers." Fortunately, had to log in to post. Mongers... Any thoughts on not having to register in order to view???

Last edited:
Agree

"Wifey can stumble right in now..."

Agree with Mush. Not only wifey can now stumble on to UG by accident but GFs, SOs and even kids! Please return to log in. Much safer and an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

snooozi3 said:
"Wifey can stumble right in now..."

Agree with Mush. Not only wifey can now stumble on to UG by accident but GFs, SOs and even kids! Please return to log in. Much safer and an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
In what way is it safer? If a login is needed, why couldn't wife, SO, and even kids just register under a fake ID, and still stumble right in?

That would require an added effort, and membership does sound as if requirements need to be met....Which I think wouldn't be a bad idea..

I do think it needs to be a little bit harder to join.