NY Knicks

I don't think Hill will ever be a player. I would not give up on him but it was a terrible pick. They can't give up another pick though. That will be stupid. They are giving up 2 first rounders to get Jefferies salery out of here to clear more space for next year.

walsh and dantoni are not on same page..last year they should have played marbory and then trade his expiring contract for future 1st rd pick..same thing houston is doing by trading mcgradys expiring contract..walsh went to italy last yr to scout jennings but jennings didnt play..why didnt walsh bring dantoni to italy with him and dantoni could have used his influence to convince the italian coach to play jennings..dantoni will be gone soon and will end up coaching bulls..he's coaching the knicks like he wants to get fired

If the Knick cannot sign two max players this offseason, either because of lack of cap room or nobody wants to come here, they are in more trouble than they have been. The strategy of opeing up cap space is not working because they drafted poorly last year and have no number one pick this year. The team's effort is terribly inconsistent and they are hard to watch. They often don't play any defense at all and as a group do not shoot well enough to run D'Antoni's system. D'Antoni looks like he wants to shoot himself on the bench. I suppose if it gets really bad, he can cry on a bag of money.

For some reason, the team plays 2v5 most of the time with a huge emphasis on David Lee, a player that likely will not be here next year. His numbers are inflated because he gets the ball a lot with a bad team. He is a complimentary player on a good team. If he were better defensively, he would have more value. Meanwhile Galinari and Chandler, both controlled by Knicks for next year at the least, are not getting enough touches. Nate Robinson is a 7th man on a good team.

Hopefully, Walsh and D'Antoni will be able to recruit 2 max level players, get them in under the cap and have a few pieces around them to have a good team again. It doesn't seem like anyone is all that interested in coming to New York though.
The plan this year was to make the playoffs. Since they do not have a number one and it is believed that progress would help entice free agents, it was a sound plan. Unfortunately, the roster is not very good. They need to scrap that plan right now and see if they have anyone on the roster that they want to keep. Their only real hope, if they cannot sign 2 top free agents, is to be bad enough to have a year like the Nets are having and get a number 1-3 pick in next year's draft.

why would you come to new york if you were lebron james? unless all that matters are endorsements. i can't see the knicks winning anything with him. a few more games against other panty waist teams? sure. but once the playoffs start, unless they surround him with more help then they appear to have now, shit won't change. except maybe the ticket prices if they do manage to eke into the playoffs.

Their only real hope, if they cannot sign 2 top free agents, is to be bad enough to have a year like the Nets are having and get a number 1-3 pick in next year's draft.
and if this trade with houston for mcgrady goes thru this great draft pick will belong to the rockets..thats why im sick reading these rumors and listening to the wfan idiots saying its a good trade for the knicks

fu2

why would you come to new york if you were lebron james? unless all that matters are endorsements. i can't see the knicks winning anything with him. a few more games against other panty waist teams? sure. but once the playoffs start, unless they surround him with more help then they appear to have now, shit won't change. except maybe the ticket prices if they do manage to eke into the playoffs.
A better question would be why stay in Cleveland? Cleveland? Whats in Cleveland? NY, LA, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, even NJ are more attractive then Cleveland. And yes, the Knicks do suck but any team that has a player like James does not suck. Instantly a playoff team. In the NBA you need 2 star players and a bunch of role players and you are contending for a title.

i didn't say he'd stay in cleveland. i asked why he would want to come to dolan and the knicks. depending on the new cba, he'll get whatever the top pay is wherever he goes. why work for this asshole who's proven that all he knows how to do is destroy whatever team he owns? if he's so hot to get out of cleveland, he'll have his choice of teams that are already contenders. to be honest, i've only been a casual (very) knick fan for the last 20 years. as much as i hate cablevision dolan, i hope the knicks never make the playoffs as long as he owns them.

Last edited:
doesnt dolan's uncle own the clevland indians..they did great hiring the next john mcgraw in manny acta..at least los mets wont be tempted to hire acta..los mets already have an acta as manager..jerry manuel is a very bad acta..he acts like he knows something

fu2

Nate Robinson to the Knicks? I think it's almost done, For Eddie House.
The Knicks are in a tough spot right now. They almost have to do the Rockets deal. If they do not, then they can get one max contract for next season. If they get rid of Jefferies, they will be able to sign 2 max contracts. They almost have no choice but to do it.

this is how to build knicks into winners

hope this mcgrady deal is dead..then jeffries contract in 2011 becomes an asset instead of an albatross..curry's contract expires too..so we sign one f/a this summer,and keep hill,and 2011 and 2012 first rders..then next yr we turn around and trade the valuable expiring curry and jeffries contracts for mix of players/draft choices and sign another big fa summer 2011 like chris paul..that's the way to build a team..getting bosch and johnson and having no high 1st rders guarantees more lottery picks for other teams

hope this mcgrady deal is dead..then jeffries contract in 2011 becomes an asset instead of an albatross..curry's contract expires too..so we sign one f/a this summer,and keep hill,and 2011 and 2012 first rders..then next yr we turn around and trade the valuable expiring curry and jeffries contracts for mix of players/draft choices and sign another big fa summer 2011 like chris paul..that's the way to build a team..getting bosch and johnson and having no high 1st rders guarantees more lottery picks for other teams
the problem with that approach is thinking that you can sign one free agent who will come to the knicks hoping that the plans starts to come together a year later. the knicks seem to believe that their only chance to get top flight free agents is to get two at once.

I think Paul is a FA in 2012, while Carmelo, is a FA in 2011.

e1 was sooo excited in feb.. if they only listened to me..another 10 years of bad nyc basketball
btw im also the guy who hated the granderson trade..cashman was taken to school with that one

fu2

Bringing Thomas back is the equivalent of Robert E Lee telling General Pickett to charge the Union lines on July 3,1863.
For those non history buffs, that was the day the South lost the Civil War with the worst strategic blunder in the Civil War, though it took almost 2 more years for the war to be officially over.

Last edited:
Bringing Thomas back is the equivalent of Robert E Lee telling General Pickett to charge the Union lines on July 3,1863.
For those non history buffs, that was the day the South lost the Civil War with the worst strategic blunder in the Civil War, though it took almost 2 more years for the war to be officially over.
I would compare it to appointing Osama Bin Laden the head of Homeland Security!!!
Donnie Walsh is now just a Dolan puppet!!!

Knicks bringing Isiah Thomas back is typical of Dolan, who next to the Wilpons, is the dumbest owner in NYC.

Chels - would like to see a competitive Knicks team