Now THIS is a high-maintenance woman!

KS,

i salute you for your courage in creating such an honest and revealing homepage about yourself.

i am an advocate of romantic chivalry myself, so i completely sympathize with your quest.

guy

i'd have thought the cynics would have zeroed in on this by now:

"I ask any man who wants to meet me to give me a small gift when we meet in person. I do this for two reasons — first, I don't work and I could use a little extra help right now, and second, then a man can demonstrate whether or not he has a problem with helping a lady in this way or whether he has a problem with a lady who would ask for such help. I'm not looking for a man for money; I'm looking for a man for the love that we'll eventually share. Yet, the total relationship that I'm looking for includes that my man would take care of me somewhat, if he were able. His provision would be just one of many ways that my partner would show his affection for me...."

GC, if you'd read the site carefully, you'd know that I want you to listen silently:

"I have a personal preference for not being interrupted while I'm talking. So please don't step on my words. Although I appreciate the sincere intentions of listeners who are used to interjecting verbal nods such as "uh huh," "hmm hmm," or "OK" when the speaker pauses briefly between statements, please don't do so with me. I'd rather you listen silently so that I can know that you have the best chance of hearing every word that I say."

I don't think it's a joke, guys. I think she's dead serious.

And, to be honest, if that's really what she's looking for, this is probably gonna work eventually.

Yeah, I think she kinda bungled the gift thing. I understand that she's looking for a token sign that the guy believes in supporting the woman. I also understand that she's making the suitor jump through hoops. What ruins it, though, is when she says that she "could use the help." Sometimes, having more than one reason strengthens your position - but this weakens it by mixing her motives.

Originally posted by K.S.
GC, if you'd read the site carefully, you'd know that I want you to listen silently:
KS, you know your my type. unfortunately for me, i'm not your type :(.

I don't think it's a joke, guys. I think she's dead serious.........she says that she "could use ... help."
she's got that right ;).

Just In Case Anyone Didn't Know Why

Prosititution is the oldest profession. Guess her name could have been Eve. A pleasant hour or 2 and a simple goodbye/thankyou would be cheap, regardless of price

[Edited by JackStraw on 03-03-2001 at 12:15 AM]

Mary Mary Quite Contary

"I'm deeply saddened by the angry criticisms and insults I receive from many men who tell me that there's something wrong with me. I understand a lot about where they're coming from, and I'm very able to be unhindered by negative feedback, but I'm saddened by it nonetheless."

======================================
OMG go figure someone saying there is something wrong with Mary? No friggin way. Seems to me if she put as much energy into other things as she did into that web site, she might find someone .

Now I'm curious what kind and how many (I bet tons) of replies she's gotten from people . BTW who found that site and WHY !!! lol

just my 2 cents
Peace out

There's something about Mary

"Don't worry, I won't be longwinded. ;-) "

No sh*t, you won't! Everything a human being could possibly say, you did! There would be NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT. What a twit.

Amanda's Armchair Psychologist Diagnosis:
This lady has MAJOR major psych. issues with men. Or possibly her father. Run...Hide...as fast and as far as you can. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

ROTFLMAO. KS, only you, my dear, would find something like this!!! It's perfect. I love it!

A:)

P.S. Pardon my language, madames et messieurs. Morons like this always make me cuss a bit.

I bet she's 100% for real

I believe she is totally serious and -- this being a big wide world -- she may well find exactly the guy she's looking for.

It doesn't look like a scam to me. Otherwise she'd make it easier to get to meet her or send her a gift.

I think she's for real and that some guy is going to follow all the breadcrumbs to her heart.

Re: Mary Mary Quite Contary

Originally posted by Casper
....I'm curious what kind and how many (I bet tons) of replies she's gotten from people.
see: http://www.geocities.com/maryromantic1/emailpositive.htm

and: http://www.geocities.com/maryromantic1/emailmixed.htm

BTW who found that site and WHY !!! ....
KS posted the url here in order to reveal a very special side of herself; and i, for one, feel especially honored by her doing so here.

my ardor was particularly arroused by this revelation: "I have fun in many ways .... I could spend hours playing two-square in the parking lot or chicken base between the trees with a plastic bat and ball. I love playing very unprofessional soccer from one end of the yard to the other and keep-away with a ball in a pool or lake. One of my favorite active games is called koosh-ball. Whether it's badminton, "horse," marbles, racing remote-control dump trucks in the driveway, or tiddlywinks, the best part of all is the laughter."

KS, it is obvious that you and i are kindred spirits.

I didn't read that part about all the games and sports she likes to play.

Do you suppose she lets the guys win? Or do they have to defer to her wishes in THAT, as well.

Did anybody see the Stanfurd/UCLA game on CBS today? I didn't know WHO to root for, becuase I at least have some grudging respect for Stanfurd, and I dearly wish UCLA would get their own colors, their own mascot, and their own fucking fight song... but they fought so hard against Stanfurd, they really went the distance and refused to be put away, so that impressed me.

God, I hope Cal beats U$C tonight - to lose to a bunch of Spoiled Children would just be too humiliating.

Is this the ANTI - GFE????

Originally posted by K.S.

"I have a personal preference for not being interrupted while I'm talking. So please don't step on my words. Although I appreciate the sincere intentions of listeners who are used to interjecting verbal nods such as "uh huh," "hmm hmm," or "OK" when the speaker pauses briefly between statements, please don't do so with me. I'd rather you listen silently so that I can know that you have the best chance of hearing every word that I say."

HEY AMANDA ...who does that remind you of?! lol!

Dang! And people give me a hard time about my screening process?! ROTFLMAO!
Sorry, this is supposed to be serious.....
Pfftttttttt! ROTFLMAO!!!

Actually There is a provider I know (NOT ME LOL) That sounds just like that woman!!!!!!

Toodles,
Robocop

[Edited by Roberta of Houston on 03-03-2001 at 08:09 PM]

fletch

Voice of Reason
I don't know about that, slinkybender. I mean, I love to hear about good fishing grounds, but I appreciate the shoal markers even more.

I've just drawn a huge red circle on my map of the U.S., representing a radius of 250 miles from the circle's center: Oak Forest, IL. And I'm sitting here thinking I'm not far enough outside that circle :(