Nice guys finish last

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Larry was a nice guy.

But all the girls hated him. When Larry called I was always happy because i knew he wanted to binge and give me a lot of money. Larry was a very large man with large appetites. Lots of food, lots of booze, lots of drugs, and lots of women. And he could get that all in one call, so he always called me. When I picked up the phone there was never a "hello", just an amount of money being screamed at me by Larry. Then he'd hang up.

It was my job to know how much money to budget for each thing. It wasn't that hard, really, because if there wasn't enough of anything, larry would call again and bark that he needed more. I madea lot of money off of Larry.

But the girls hated Larry. He was huge. They said he had BO right out of the shower. The said his folds had folds. It because tougher and tougher to get girls to go over there. So I would hold back on girls during the week so that I knew when Larry called, they'd be willing to go anywhere, and anywhere was Larry.

Larry paid double for everything: the booze, the Carnegie Deli sandwich platters, the drugs, and he came back for more. So after a while, he paid double for the girls. It was satill tough to get some of them to go. I cut them off from the best customers if they didn't see Larry. A few quit, but most stayed because the money was better than almost anyone else in town was paying and it was the safest agency in town.

After a awhile, I started dreaming up bigger and bigger parties for Larry to increase my end. I knew if I sent over enough girls, most of them would end up just hanging out and it would be easier to get girls to go to Larry's. It worked. Larry's bills were huge, and he always paid. I called in touring girls from all over the place who did "specialty acts". It was a three ring circus over at Larry's.

Every Monday or Tusday, I get a call from Larry thanking me for setting him up, how much fun he had, he didn't know what he would have done if a mutual friend hadn't introduced us. (see, up till now you wondered why i said Larry was a nice guy?). He'd send over Knicks, Rangers or concert tickets. He'd send over food baskets.

After a particularly big partying weekend, no call Monday. No call Tuesday. Wednesday I got the call from our mutual acquantence. Larry slumped over at his desk dead from a heart attack at 36.

I was told that Larry left next to nothing in his estate. Considering the amount of money he went thru in living expenses, it was a little surprising. Or maybe not.

When the girls heard he was gone, a few shrugged, a few went "aww" and a bunch said "good, we don't have to go over there anymore".

Let me amplify that a bit.

Slinky Bender is manipulating them into doing something they don't want to do -- depriving them of money, in fact, to induce them to take this money, even though they don't want to do it -- and they're supposed to feel all warm and cuddly about the situation?

And I'm not blaming Slinky Bender, not one bit. Just saying that you can't blame the girls, then, for the way they felt.

Last edited:
I dunno, Slinky's story reminds me of the girls in high school who, if they were hot or in the hot clique*, would ignore dudes who weren't football players or rich boys, etc. And then, inevitably (we're talking high school), one of these ignored guys would die tragically and all the hot girls would say, "he was so sweet..."

* Of course, there was always one girl in this group who was genuine and had a heart.

(Of course, I think the girls were unprofessional for not wanting to service Larry. But that's another story.)
I'll always disagree with people who fault girls for not wanting to provide to certain people, whether it be due to appearance, age, race, etc. Providing isn't pumping gas, flipping burgers, or providing legal counsel. Its a unique service, since one is selling themselves. The expectations clients have of providers is that they keep raising the service bar to "GFE" levels. To assume that one can perform these acts to someone they are not attracted to or repulsed by isn't fair.

Personally if a provider said to me, "I don't want to see you", I wouldn't be insulted at all. I'd prefer to walk away knowing that I didn't waste my time and money on someone who didn't have chemistry or wasn't going to give a full effort. Instead people waste time asking "why won't you see black guys or 400 lb guys?" when they'd be better suited finding someone who will see them.

I'd also add that while "Larry" was oblivious to the conflict that SB had back at his office, he still probably knew what was going on because he must have had trouble finding girls on his own. Which is why he used SB in the first place.

I'll always disagree with people who fault girls for not wanting to provide to certain people, whether it be due to appearance, age, race, etc. Providing isn't pumping gas, flipping burgers, or providing legal counsel. Its a unique service, since one is selling themselves. The expectations clients have of providers is that they keep raising the service bar to "GFE" levels. To assume that one can perform these acts to someone they are not attracted to or repulsed by isn't fair.

Personally if a provider said to me, "I don't want to see you", I wouldn't be insulted at all. I'd prefer to walk away knowing that I didn't waste my time and money on someone who didn't have chemistry or wasn't going to give a full effort. Instead people waste time asking "why won't you see black guys or 400 lb guys?" when they'd be better suited finding someone who will see them.
Definitely agree with you. I walked out on a lot of providers that I wasn't interested in or attractive to. I wished they would do the same to me if they felt strongly in that way. A lot of poor services and unhappiness could have been avoided if providers would have been that upfront with me. Unfortunately most of the unhappiness fell on my side. Oh well. At least Larry left nothing in the tank of life when he went.

justme

homo economicus
Larry? The white guy? That people thought was funny?

So either the prostitutes are providing this emotional service that requires some kind of bond - in which case it's somewhat upsetting that they'd have so little empathy for someone that they had spent so much time with. Or they are professionals that develop the kind of emotional wall that allows them to brush off the death of someone they know well - in which case it's somewhat unprofessional of them to be so selective of their customers.

ditto jm.

If pros, as a trade (not as individuals*, mind you), were supplying such an intimate, personal , emotionally delicate service - how so many of them advertise so broadly?

*personal-referral, low-profile, and UTR's pros should be excepted, I think.
How can anything that's mass-marketed be artasinal?

Last edited:
Great story.

People like to say he died quickly because of the kind of life he lived.

The opposite could be possible too though.

One could wonder if Larry felt he would not live long and tried to consume everything as quickly as possible and in large quantities and with high frequency.

I believe he accomplished that mission and is now resting in peace.

Good food, good drugs, good hookers.

How many morticians did it take to wipe the smile off Larry's face?
None, because Larry's life wasn't happy, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, the storytelling we get on this site is a big reason I stick around. This kind of post ought to be HoF.

Last edited: