New CL rules?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Re: Re: Re: New CL rules?

Originally posted by blondekelly
Actually Craig ex-partner sold his 25% of his shares to E-Bay and I heard Craig is not too happy about it, just something I heard through the grapevine.
"Back when" mr. newmark says he thought it would promote harmony between the guys who worked the site if he gave peices away to the people who woked there. he says tha he thought that it would never be worth anything, so it couldn't be "traded". So, recently, a guy who had 25% but no longer works there sold his 25% stake to eBay. Newmark and Jim Buckmaster are trying to pretend that it's not going to have any effect on how CL is run, and thateBay is a lot like CL, and that they are both "communities", blah, blah, blah (see the article on CL that I linked to earlier in this thread), but it's totally obvious BULLSHIT. not only is it changing already, but just look at the past behgaviour of eBay when they bought PayPal.

What will be really intersting is to see if/when eBay buys up MORE of Cl (I'm assuming that if one guy had 25%, and there's Buckmaster and Newmark, that there's probably a forth guy out there with another 25% who's alreadyt negotiating with eBay for his 25%... hen the real fun will start).

I just wish Newmark and Buckmaster didn't insult our intelligence so much with the bullshit PR campaign they are trying to push. I mean, it's obvious what's going on already, AND THEY ARE CLAIMING IT'S NOT...... what horsecrap.

PS notice they banned posting "utopiaguide.com"?

CL SPAMMING

What I have seen, in part, is that there has been so much spamming and blatent advertising of sex for money it has snowballed.
Personally, I don't see and never have the reason for posting mulitpule times on CL. I would think that those providers get less responses than a person who is not a chronic poster. My experience has been that just reading a title of an ad gives you the idea if you want to read it or not. Therefore, someone who is looking for a "real" person or whateverwill look through the list until they find what they want.
Seems that what it has come to is the advertising of sex for money and explict pics.

Hey, I wrote "companionship" and they yaked in less than 40 minutes. I call bullshit...lol!

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
As I said here recently:

I think that to a large extent CL ES has been increasingly collapsing under it's own weight due a a failure to police the over population of the same ads over and over again, which has sent it into a "death spiral", where more ads breeds more ads, with everyone competing to stay on the "first page". I think there are MAJOR problems there, but I also think that anyone who thinks it's going to die quickly should think again.