Netscape or MS Explorer

I have both in my laptop and Netscape Communicator is my browser of choice however I’m encountering more and more websites linked to posts on UG that won’t open on Netscape. What I do if I’m really interested is save the URL and check it out latter on Explorer.
IMHO Netscape is more pleasant to use but regrettably I’m beginning to think that Netscape will end up like the Betamax tape which allegedly was superior to VHS but didn’t take enough of the market share.
I wish it weren’t so.

thats cause most of the people making up the websites only use MS IE and dont care about netscape. By far the most users use MS so who cares about netscape people.

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
Outlook is a back door for every virus made.
I'd argue it's the front door.

Actually, if you disable scripting, and the ability to launch executables, it's just as safe as Netscape or Eudora. Or invest in a good anti-virus application.

Both Netscape and MS IE are available all over the internet for free and both come bundled in most software packages.

The reason everyone (or most people) seems to use IE is because it's better and easier to use for the average individual.

netscape 7 just came out, there is a free browser called mozilla which is netscape 7, the kewl part about it is that popups are blocked automaticaly (javascript code is disabled for popups only). basically if you goto a site that has a popup it wont be displayed but the rest of javascript code will work. this is different from popup killer programs in 2 ways - popup software is additional software that works with your browser, with that software popup actually pops up and then is killed by the software. with mozilla it never pops up