Nassau is too hot for hobbying

It's my understanding (but I have no law degree, and no badge!) that so-called undercover cops are permitted, even expected, to lie in order to preserve their ruse. I can't imagine how the police could, for instance, infiltrate any organized crime operation if they had to behave like Boy Scouts all the time.

Legalities notwithstanding, some cops have been known to lie on the witness stand, in sworn affidavits, etc. We all know who wins when it comes down to the accused's word against the cop's. Law enforcement (including the 99% that we'd all agree is necessary) couldn't work any other way.

Anyone who thinks that asking one simple question insulates themselves from any legal risk is simply being naive.

not in the legal profession but worked closely to it for long time. We are not entitled to a phone call (but they will give u more than 1 if ur nice) We can be lied to, deceived to, but they can not break the law unreasonably in doing so. BTW, under no circumstances do they ever have to answer yes when asked if they are "one"(this myth was started/perpetuated by Hollywood)