Naproxen Sodium and Ibuprofen and Erectile Dysfunction

I have a bum knee. My doctor gave me a prescription for Naproxen Sodium aka Naprosyn at the 500mg level, for pain and to relieve swelling.
This is about twice the level that one can buy over the counter under the brand name Aleve. Since I started taking this, around two months ago, I have noticed that my erections are not as strong or as long-lasting.
I'm 53 years old.
Has anyone heard any medical reports about a linkage between Naproxen and erectile dysfunction? Or between Ibuproven and same? Ibuprofen is related to Naproxen, informally, Naproxen is Ibuproven supped-up. Ibuprofen is sold under the brand names Advil and Motrin.
thanks.

I just spend a minute or two looking in Google and there were a few hits on naproxen; didn't see any on ibuprofen. Google "naproxen sexual" or "naproxen erection" and you should track it down.

I have a bum knee. My doctor gave me a prescription for Naproxen Sodium aka Naprosyn at the 500mg level, for pain and to relieve swelling.
This is about twice the level that one can buy over the counter under the brand name Aleve. Since I started taking this, around two months ago, I have noticed that my erections are not as strong or as long-lasting.
I'm 53 years old.
Has anyone heard any medical reports about a linkage between Naproxen and erectile dysfunction? Or between Ibuproven and same? Ibuprofen is related to Naproxen, informally, Naproxen is Ibuproven supped-up. Ibuprofen is sold under the brand names Advil and Motrin.
thanks.
It's possible, I know it causes stomach problems. When I was in England I bought this over the counter pain medicine called Cuprofen which also comes in a gel to rub in. You can order online but beware the plus version will make you lightheaded (might be a good thing for most). For more external remedies you can also use arnica cream and a daily parafin bath are also good. You willl need to get a large enough one to dip your knee in. Feel better.

Her is the link
http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/medicines/medicines/c/cuprofen/cuprofen.htm

Cuprofen tablets are merely 400mg ibuprofen - same as 2 advils
Not the "plus" which they don't have here and I think all over the counter drugs vary so doubling up might not get you the same results. It is far better to take less of a stronger pill than mutilple doses of weaker ones. I think Advil is useless anyway as are most of the over the counter drugs in this country when you are really hurting. I can take half a bottle in a day and have no results, I don't even bother anymore. I really recommended the Cuprofen gel so he can avoid the pills which is causing him concern. I get just as much if not more relief from a arnica and parafin then crappy Advil when my hand hurts.

boyinbubble said:
... I'm 53 years old. Has anyone heard any medical reports about a linkage between Naproxen and erectile dysfunction? Or between Ibuproven and same? ...
Or between age >50 and erectile dysfunction? (Welcome to AARP territory.)

URL's on link between Naproxen and Ibuprofen and Erectile Dysfunction

Thanks for the suggestion to look on Google. Here are two specific URL's I found.
The articles say that the risk from Naproxen and Ibuprofen are real.
I could not find anything about the "reverseability" of the effects,
whether if one stops taking these pain killers, the erectile
dysfunction will go away.

http://www.consumerreports.org/mg/f...alert/pain_relievers_erectile_dysfunction.htm

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Painkillers-Tied-to-Risk-of-Erectile-Dysfunction-23580.shtml

I find it unusual that your doctor would have prescribed an anti-inflammatory drug such as Naproxen for long-term use, especially to someone over 50. They can increase your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.

Are you by any chance taking aspirin on a regular basis too? They say that's a bad idea. Don't know if it has anything to do with erectile dysfunction though.