Must take Covid test to eat here

A Manhattan restaurant announced they will require all patrons to take a 50.00 Covid test prior to dining.Customer responsible for payment...

Is this where we are going....
SMH

I do agree though, it is a good idea for airlines ( which I believe some are doing) to test passengers prior to boarding...

Mods, please feel free to move or rename thread

A Manhattan restaurant announced they will require all patrons to take a 50.00 Covid test prior to dining.Customer responsible for payment...

Is this where we are going....
SMH

I do agree though, it is a good idea for airlines ( which I believe some are doing) to test passengers prior to boarding...

Mods, please feel free to move or rename thread
Not sure if there is a market for their product, their product being dining in an environment where everyone around you has been test, but hey, they will find out soon enough.

So an "instant" test takes about one hour, maybe less to get results. Whaddya do while you wait for test results? Some SUNY schools tested students upon arrival this fall, had had them wait in their cars until negative results were confirmed before they were allowed into their
dorm rooms.

I read the article from the link. Pretty interesting. But I was unclear. If all the people and staff eating in the restaurant have a negative COVID test does that mean there are no mask / social distancing rules? After all, the reason for the mask and distancing is because someone could have COVID but no symptoms. If you know for a fact that everyone around you is negative does that mean you can ditch the mask and distance requirement? Can the restaurant go to full capacity?

Knowing that quick tests have a higher rate of false results can I take the test a few times until I pass? I wonder how many people will take them up on this.

If all the people and staff eating in the restaurant have a negative COVID test does that mean there are no mask / social distancing rules? After all, the reason for the mask and distancing is because someone could have COVID but no symptoms. If you know for a fact that everyone around you is negative does that mean you can ditch the mask and distance requirement? Can the restaurant go to full capacity?

Knowing that quick tests have a higher rate of false results can I take the test a few times until I pass? I wonder how many people will take them up on this.
I wouldn't think so. I don't see an exception to the Executive Order requiring face coverings in those establishments or allowing for greater than 50% capacity for indoor dining. Testing alone is not a suitable strategy in preventing transmission of the virus.

I wouldn't think so. I don't see an exception to the Executive Order requiring face coverings in those establishments or allowing for greater than 50% capacity for indoor dining. Testing alone is not a suitable strategy in preventing transmission of the virus.
There are three types of COVID-19 tests

1- The newest rapid Covid tests take 10 minutes to develop and their accuracy is 84 to 96%. They are manufactured by a company named CareStart and it’s easily searchable on the web. They just received emergency FDA approval on October 16. The reason city MD has long lines is there using a older test that needs a machine to incubate for 15 minutes. As a result they can only do at most 4 tests per hour. If they have two machines, 8 tests per hour, etc. Their accuracy is in the high 80s. There’s an urgent care on Grand Avenue in Baldwin between Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway next to a 7-Eleven where I was tested in and out in about a half an hour. I don’t know that I could say the name here.

2 - The second type of Covid test is also a nasal swab but it is sent to a laboratory and you get the results in about 2 to 5 days.

3- The third type is an antibody test to see if you’ve already had the infection, made your own antibodies, and are now immune and that’s a blood test

Saw on my way down to the beach .,.......

Don't even bother asking anymore why you are in moderation.

Besides the fact that you are the king of useless posts, how many fucking times do you need to be told not to inject politics into your posts.

This news item created an interesting discussion in my office. What if as a condition to physically returning to work companies mandate that employees must submit to a monthly COVID test or be forced to take the vaccine when available. You won't be fired if you do not follow the mandate, you just won't be allowed to physically return to the office.

In my office there is a temperature check, mask mandate and social distance mandate. If a 5 minute nasal swap COVID test becomes cheap and available I could see that becoming the new entry criteria.