Mozilla Firefox Crash

Ok once again I seek the advice of techies who know about computer problems.
I recently had a box pop up from Mozilla asking if I wanted to download version 3 upgrade.
It appearred legit so I did it.
Then Mozilla Crashed. I am able to get on the internet through internet explorer and I am able to access and send *****s.
I then uninstalled Mozilla, went to their website and reinstalled it through a download. No luck.
I then went to their website and went into a support forum to find out what to do and it appears a crapload of people have the same problem.
How do I fix this ?
Much appreciated for your input.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I just downloaded the new portable version a day or so ago and have had no problems. In fact I'm running off it now.

I did the same mistake...

I should know better, just keep the old Mozilla...it was working so fine.

I did download the 3 version and is shitty, I don't like it at all.

It ate all my bookmarks :( and it slowed down my computer...a LOT.

I want my older version back!!!!!

you can download the old versions here if anyone wants their baby back...

http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.htm

Not much of a firefox fan but I'm running 3.0 and no problems so far.

The reson it might be crashing is because of the add-ons are not compatible with firefox 3. If you had read the pop up that it would have told what add-ons might not work. Try disabling the add-ons. And if you have the time here is the solutions to all known firefox 3 problems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/inte...-problems-with-firefox-3-crashing-or-hanging/

Last edited:
ok so far so good. with my limited computer knowledge I unistalled the 3.0 went to the link for the old apps and downloaded the older version.
Now the icon links me to firefox start and then a line for google. How do I get a firefox homepage that lists "favorites" and the like ?
Thanks

ok so far so good. with my limited computer knowledge I unistalled the 3.0 went to the link for the old apps and downloaded the older version.
Now the icon links me to firefox start and then a line for google. How do I get a firefox homepage that lists "favorites" and the like ?
Thanks
go to tools - options and click on Main you can set your homepage there.

Last edited:
Firefox 3.0 had bugs, that's why Mozilla came out with an upgrade to there old 2.xx line of browsers. The problems were more or less fixed with 3.0.1, which is what I finally upgraded to. If you want to keep your old 2.xxx, go to "Tools"->"Options"->"Advanced"->"Upgrades" and uncheck all automatic update options, that way you can keep your old version of Firefox until you want to upgrade it. I would also make a complete backup of my harddrive with the old browser installed just in case you decide to update Firefox and for some reason you change your mind.

By the way, most of the old skins have not been upgraded to 3.xxx.

Lately, I've been using Opera 9.52. It's much faster then Firefox, and you can import your Firefox bookmarks, though not easily.

Opera has one great built in feature, the magic wand, which remembers all your screen names and passwords for any web site you go to.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Maybe I spoke too soon. I am seeing some glitches now. It no longer suggests things as I'm typing in a entry box (even though I have the setting in Tools set on)

It ate all my bookmarks :(
That has happen twice now to me too Betty.
But I restarted the browser and they came back.

Are you using Foxmarks to synchronize your bookmarks across more then one computer using Firefox? Foxmarks had bif problems with Firefox 3.0 Firefox 3.0.1 is much more stable then 3.0 was. You should try upgrading to 3.0.1, I did and I can say 3.0.1 works much better then 3.0 did.