Mets 2011

Look like the chickens have come home to roost for the Wilpon/Katz Triumvirate, according to the Times. Hopefully the will have to sell the team to someone who can afford it. The Wilpon/Katz Triumvirate are fools as attested by the losses to the arch villain Madoff and their incredibly inept management of the Mets. Yanks fans must be bubbling over with excitement about the Mets' follies.

There's hope,

Chels

Yanks fans must be bubbling over with excitement about the Mets' follies.

There's hope,

Chels
As a Yankee fan i prefer the mets be competitive till they crash and burn late. Alot more fun listening to all the Met fans with there high hopes. Love to hear guys like Joe B. on the fan. Ohhh the pain!!!

One thing is for sure ... The Yankees are better than the Mets. That always makes for a good season. I am still enjoying my revenge for 86 through 92 ... when I took abuse from Met fans. All you douches thought your team was so much better than the Yankees .... well now you are suffering from the LISteve curse I put on the Mets. It's been about 20 years of clear Yankee superiority. You guys should have been a little more humble back then.

I only took a quick look at today's post but didn't Selig/MLB throw some bailout money the Mets way. It's reported 25 mil but hinted it could be double. Still only a drop in the bucket they need. A final cash parachute between old friends (Selig/Wilpon) maybe? Sure looks like it if they end up selling the team and not having to pay MLB back.

billyS

Reign of Terror
You know your team sucks when someone with a name like Saul Katz is getting much more ink then David Wright and Jose Reyes.

Now we know the Mets are in deeper shit, having to get bailed out by MLB.

It's bullshit really. If Selig and Wilpon weren't buddies he'd have kicked those crooks to the curb by now.

New York, MLB and Mets' fans deserve better.

I am really pulling for the Wilpons. As A Yankee fan I need them to continue to ruin this franchise. If they sell to someone like Trump ... then they might actually get good. I can't have that. It would really be horrible.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I am really pulling for the Wilpons. As A Yankee fan I need them to continue to ruin this franchise. If they sell to someone like Trump ... then they might actually get good. I can't have that. It would really be horrible.
The other owners would never let Trump own a team. Especially the small market Franchises, they don't want someone they know will spend anything to win own a franchise. They have no choice with the Steinbrenner famiy as George bought in before Free Agency.

Why do you think they refused to let Mark Cuban buy the Cubs, then rigged the bidding for the Rangers?

The last thing the owners of teams like the Royals and Reds want is someone who is going to overpay Free Agents.

You know your team sucks when someone with a name like Saul Katz is getting much more ink then David Wright and Jose Reyes.

Now we know the Mets are in deeper shit, having to get bailed out by MLB.

It's bullshit really. If Selig and Wilpon weren't buddies he'd have kicked those crooks to the curb by now.

New York, MLB and Mets' fans deserve better.
I surely agree with you Billy,

Chel (Baseball fan)

The other owners would never let Trump own a team. Especially the small market Franchises, they don't want someone they know will spend anything to win own a franchise. They have no choice with the Steinbrenner famiy as George bought in before Free Agency.

Why do you think they refused to let Mark Cuban buy the Cubs, then rigged the bidding for the Rangers?

The last thing the owners of teams like the Royals and Reds want is someone who is going to overpay Free Agents.
Actually they don't want Trump for a few reasons and I don't think his spending money is one of them. Trump might just be too smart and honest for them.... what's that tell you about baseball owners. He's the type to rattle cages and they don't want anyone who isn't willing to play by their rules.

Last edited:
Actually they don't want Trump for a few reasons and I don't think his spending money is one of them. Trump might just be too smart and honest for them.... what's that tell you about baseball owners. He's the type to rattle cages and they don't want anyone who isn't willing to play by their rules.
Oz: if Trump is "too...honest" it doesn't say much for the other owners. I'm amazed that the Donald has changed his image to honest when he is one of the big deadbeats on the planet when it comes to repaying bank loans.

Other than that, I think you are quite right about MLB not wanting the Donald as an owner.

Enjoy,

Chels

Well....wouldn't a Trump or a Cuban be just what baseball (and the Mets) need ? A larger then life owner with deep pockets that loves the headlines and will win or try to win at all costs ? Just like George Steinbrenner ran the Yankees when he was alive ?

I think baseball has a good system. The bottom line is that it is enjoying its greatest success and profitability right now. I think Selig should make sure all the franchises are doing the best they can to succeed. That includes stepping in with the Wilpons! FURTEHRMORE ... if a franchise is in trouble then he should step in. If Tampa can't draw fans when they win ... then that franchise should move!! Put a team in Mexico City (They would draw 5 million fans a year!) ... how about Puerto Rico? By putting a team in one of those places they could expand the sport's interest.

I think baseball has a good system. The bottom line is that it is enjoying its greatest success and profitability right now. I think Selig should make sure all the franchises are doing the best they can to succeed. That includes stepping in with the Wilpons! FURTEHRMORE ... if a franchise is in trouble then he should step in. If Tampa can't draw fans when they win ... then that franchise should move!! Put a team in Mexico City (They would draw 5 million fans a year!) ... how about Puerto Rico? By putting a team in one of those places they could expand the sport's interest.
Mexico??? The Mexico City Zetas. They'll draw 5 million with 250,000 fatalities.

But seriously baseball needs contraction as does all the other sports.

Baseball should also go back to it's traditional AL/NL East and West divisions. Fuck this wild card bullshit. That's a football term anyway.

OH MY!!!! I just saw on Fox Sports that the Mets are asking Chase for another loan. WOW!! When does it end? What I don't get is ... they haven't had to pay back any of that Madoff money (yet) ... so why do they need money? The Wilpons are a complete mess. The article says that had to borrow $400 mill last year as well. How can they be losing so much money?

Baseball should also go back to it's traditional AL/NL East and West divisions. Fuck this wild card bullshit. That's a football term anyway.
I sort of agree. I think they should go back to 2 divisions (east & west) but allow 2 teams in each div with the best record play each other and the winner of each will go to the LCS. I am sick of seeing wildcard teams with better records than division champs (AL central). Also I am sick of interleague play. It takes away too many games that should be used for tight division races.

They will never take the wild card away. There is way too much money being made because of it. This format allows more teams to have a chance. I personally like the way they have it set up with a couple of exceptions. They should make the being the wild card heavy disadvantage ... like only one home game in the division series and the LCS. If they make it to the world series they do not get home field advantage. They should also make the division series a 7 game series. Maybe you can add a second wild card and have the 2 wild card teams play a best of 3! The team with the best record should also get moer home games .... AND ... how about going back to a balance schedule. Why should the Yankees have to play more games against the AL East and compete for a wild card against the Twins who get to play so many games against the crappy Indians and Royals??

They will never take the wild card away. There is way too much money being made because of it. This format allows more teams to have a chance. I personally like the way they have it set up with a couple of exceptions. They should make the being the wild card heavy disadvantage ... like only one home game in the division series and the LCS. If they make it to the world series they do not get home field advantage. They should also make the division series a 7 game series. Maybe you can add a second wild card and have the 2 wild card teams play a best of 3! The team with the best record should also get moer home games .... AND ... how about going back to a balance schedule. Why should the Yankees have to play more games against the AL East and compete for a wild card against the Twins who get to play so many games against the crappy Indians and Royals??
I agree... I like the Wildcard. It is the only way the Mets will have a chance to even compete for a playoff spot the next couple of years...lol
But Steve, as far as schedule goes, Fans cant get enough of Yanks/Boston games who wants to see them play KC more times?