Melville Restaurant Shuttered

I just thought this ND article was worth discussing.
Bijou Modern American restaurant was shut down at 11pm Thursday night.
The raid was "in response to community complaints."

I'm not sure what community was complaining as this place is in a large commercial building containing, an Antony Scotto Restaurant, a bank other commercial offices. This area is at I495 service road and 400 Broadway inn a totally commercial and industrial area (community complaints? what community?).
SC LE, NYS Liquor Authority, Town of Huntington Officials were in the raid (I assume no SWAT team was involved)

Here is what they found when they busted in:
3 violations involving NYS Liquor Authority:
1. liquor service signs not proximately displayed
2. Warning for pregnant women not to drink signage
3. Warning for prohibition of ********* drinking Note:**** was blotted out by this site as forbidden word for drinking by persons less than 21

The town issued summons for illegal nightclub when a DJ was found playing music by a dance floor.

A small bag of cocaine was found on the floor but no arrests were made as police couldn't determine who discarded it there ( I assume one of the patrons discarded it when the raid started).

They also had no permit for outdoor dining
no permit for one of its signs
no CO

The owner said he had valid permits for all of these alleged violations. Town Officials did not return calls by ND regarding status of the CO.

All I am thinking is: WTF is going on?

Ideas guys?

A disgruntled tenant or local in the neighborhood who has some connections and has a gripe with Scotto or management at the restaurant?

I agree too, this was very unusual

Curious to know who other tenants are in the building

A disgruntled tenant or local in the neighborhood who has some connections and has a gripe with Scotto or management at the restaurant?

That most likely is a disgruntled FORMER employee. The violations in question scream of insider knowledge.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had or will have a visit from the Suffolk County Health Department.

The "community complaints" envelope is a joke, the traffic from the LIE and route 110 corridor make more noise then where that place is located.

Inside job all the way!

From sign on street:
Northwestern Mutual
GM Advisory Group
Napoli Shkolnik
BNB
JEWEL
YARDI
Stifel investment Services
Archer Financial Group
Be-Ju Sushi & Sake Bar (the place raided)

I assume that these places do not have conflicting hours/conflicts/parking issues with Bijou.

@billyS yeah payoffs, but SCP, NYS Liq Auth, AND the Town of Hunt?

For example Town of Hunt has all kinds of serious problems with places in Huntington Station area (gangs, drugs, assaults, robberies, etc) and they go after some BS signage by the bar.

I am assuming that considering the level of these BS offenses that ND is making a point publishing the article. MY guess is even ND thinks it is BS

They had issues with not "carding" properly and became an issue with under legal drinking age, that led to a fatal automobile accident and allegedly narcotics being sold on site . * Info I got From a guy that was there*

They had issues with not "carding" properly and became an issue with under legal drinking age, that led to a fatal automobile accident and allegedly narcotics being sold on site . * From a guy that was there*
Odd, it would seem that "not carding properly" would be an easy bust w/o having to bring in the the heavy artillery. So maybe lack of payoff too was the reason.

Also, I belonged to a swingers club some years back and they strictly enforced drug use on premises (especially bathroom visits) where they would reevoke your membership and kick your ass out if they even thought you brought, used or sold drugs in the place. If you "forgot something" in your car, went out and a while later came back in that was ok. Also what you did before or after the club was your business.

Odd, it would seem that "not carding properly" would be an easy bust w/o having to bring in the the heavy artillery. So maybe lack of payoff too was the reason.

Also, I belonged to a swingers club some years back and they strictly enforced drug use on premises (especially bathroom visits) where they would reevoke your membership and kick your ass out if they even thought you brought, used or sold drugs in the place. If you "forgot something" in your car, went out and a while later came back in that was ok. Also what you did before or after the club was your business.
With everything combined it seems it was a bigger deal. From what I understood the sale wasn't only customers but also employees, also each agency has their reason to be there. Liquor authority enforces their laws and revokes their licenses. Cops enforce the bigger stuff. Also there was no "SWAT" there. I've actually never have seen a unit in Nassau, Suffolk or NYC called "SWAT".

With everything combined it seems it was a bigger deal. From what I understood the sale wasn't only customers but also employees, also each agency has their reason to be there. Liquor authority enforces their laws and revokes their licenses. Cops enforce the bigger stuff. Also there was no "SWAT" there. I've actually never have seen a unit in Nassau, Suffolk or NYC called "SWAT".
Nassau has massive vehicles they store at the bellmore facility on newbridge road. Personally have only seen them in person a few times. Its not an active unit and obviously only used when needed.

ESU handles those " SWAT " activities in downstate NY

Also what was not mentioned in several posts Newsday etc. There was a huge brawl there a week before the closure.

The cops were there late at night into the next morning

I was joking about the SWAT team. In NC they have something called Special Response Team (SRT).

Nassau and Suffolk county Might be a nice place to live, but not to have fun

NYS Troopers, NYPD, Nassau and Suffolk PD's do have "SWAT" units (though they go by different names, SWAT is what LAPD calls it, and the TV show helped memorialize the term)

SCPD calls it Emergency Service Section "ESS"

NYPD and NCPD call it Emergency Service Unit "ESU"

NYS Troopers call it Special Operations Response Team "SORT"

The LAPD first Originated the "SWAT" teams in the 1960's, followed by Texas, now they are rather ubiquitous a "proprietary eponym" much like Xerox, Kleenex, etc