me rambling and feel i need to vent

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
An apology to all cause this is just me rambling on…

Last night I learned that one of my best friends is still unaccounted for. He worked in the IT department at Cantor Fitzgerald.

We went to High School and College together. Four years after graduation we ended up working at the same computer company. We worked at many firms in the WTC doing implementations of wide area networks and IT infrastructure. Two of our main clients in WTC were Aon Risk Management and the other was Cantor Fitzgerald. After working there for 14 mos. On various projects I have grown quite friendly with many of the in-house IT staff at both firms. There were many nights that we spent on the 102nd floor (Aon) working through to the wee hours of the morning trying to get the network up and running and connected with HQ in Chicago prior to employees walking in at 6:30 AM.

I will never forget one night where we brought along our girlfriends to keep us company. Yes, having sex against the window overlooking the Manhattan skyline at 1:00 in the morning is spectacular. I remember how quiet and peaceful it was up there especially at night because it was so quiet. We laid our faces to the glass and you could feel the building sway in the wind ever so slightly. I remember thinking I never would forget that moment.

I received a call from one of my friends early that Tuesday morning asking me if I heard the news. I couldn’t believe what he was saying. I had to go see for myself. Since I work across the river in Brooklyn I ran outside and sure enough I saw the smoke. I ran down towards the riverfront that is one block away and I could see both towers burning. I called everyone I knew working inside and nearby. Nothing was getting through, so I ran to my office thinking I would get through on a landline. Nothing got through at the office either. I ran back down to the riverfront and as soon as I get there people are talking about the pentagon. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Sure enough as I’m watching, one of the buildings started to fall. I saw it fall; it seemed so slow and fast at the same time. As soon as the cloud of dust plumed I could see what looked like glitter flicker against the sun. I stood there stunned for a few seconds. Then all of a sudden the sound finally reached my ears and all I heard was the deep rumble of the collapse.

I don’t know what to think about this anymore, I can’t watch the news anymore, and I really want to send my heartfelt condolences to anyone who lost a loved one in this tragedy. I also want to say thank you to all those who are in the thick of things. You are all better people than I. In a way I feel ashamed for not being at the site helping, for that I apologize. Nonetheless I still felt it important to hang my American flag out on my house and stand out on my street with my two boys with our lit candles.

I hear sirens screaming by my window and I’m scared to know why at 8:30 am

I really do hope they are able to punish those responsible. I would just hate to learn 15 years from now that a third party somehow orchestrated this. I can’t help but thinking this was all to well planned out and yet it was so easy to figure out who it was. I can’t help but to think about Lee Harvey Oswald and the smoking gun.

JohnJ

they always leave a trail of "who done it". they're gonna kill themelves and they want to be martyrs so of course they want to be known. why else would they always leave all the evidence laying around in various motel rooms and rental cars.

as for third parties...

if this fucking country got off it's lazy ass and wiped ALL the terrorist groups and countries that support them off the face of the earth(as they claim they'll do NOW), then we won't have to worry about some third party getting away with it.