Manhattan Wine Bars

Ummm, Juliet, so why DON'T you recommend them?

(Pretty please?)

ETA: Oh I see. Because of the limitations of this thread. Well, we'll do something about that.

Last edited:

jadore

UG Advertiser
Sirio Ristorante Wine Tasting Series - Feb 18 - 23

Domini Castellare di Castellina Wine Tasting Series
Feb. 18 - 23, 2013

We're excited to announce our first Wine Tasting Series featuring Domini Castellare di Castellina Wineries (Rocca di Frassinello, Castellare and Feudi del Pisciotto)!

Our two-Michelin star Chef Filippo Gozzoli and sommelier Massimo Schiavon have crafted an exciting tasting menu, pairing the finest Sirio Ristorante dishes with fabulous wines from Domini Castellare di Castellina.

The tasting menu will be offered for dinner from Monday, February 18th to Saturday, February 23th. Mr. Alessandro Cellai, Winemaker & CEO of DOMINI CASTELLARE DI CASTELLINA, will be joining us on Tuesday, February 19th during dinner service.

DOMINI CASTELLARE
DI CASTELLINA

4-COURSE TASTING MENU

February 18 - 23, 2013
$120 (excluding tax & gratuities)

ANTIPASTI (appetizer) - Choice of:
Carpaccio Di Manzo (beef carpaccio, quail egg, baby bok choy, lemon-grass, black truffle)
Zuppa di Topinambour, Croutons, e Caviar (cream of sunchoke soup, croûtons, crème fraîche, caviar)
PAIRED WITH GRILLO "CAROLINA MARENGO" 2008 from Feudi del Pisciotto Winery, Sicily

PRIMI (pasta course) - Choice of:
Linguine al Nero di Seppia, Pomodori e Gamberi (black squid ink linguine, zucchini, tomato, prawns)
Rigatoni con Salsicia di Coniglio, Tartufo Nero, Broccoli Rabe (rigatoni, homemade rabbit sausage, black truffle, garlic, spicy broccoli rabe)
PAIRED WITH LE SUGHERE SuperTuscan 2009 from Rocca di Frassinello Winery, Maremma, Tuscany

SECONDI (main course) - Choice of:
Guancette di vitello con polenta mantecata (veal cheeks with polenta)
Capesante Alla Plancia (seared sea scallops, cauliflower cream, red onions, black truffle)
PAIRED WITH CHIANTI CLASSICO RISERVA "IL POGGIALE" 2009 from Castellare in Chianti Winery, Chianti, Tuscany

DOLCI (dessert course) -Choice of:
Semifreddo al Caffe (coffee semifreddo, guanaja fudge, marscapone sorbet)
Torta di mele (apple tart)
PAIRED WITH VIN SANTO "I SODI DI SAN NICOLO'" or GRAPPA from Castellare Winery, Chianti, Tuscany

www.siriony.com

212.940.8195 | 795 Fifth Avenue @ 61st Street, NY, NY 10065

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
I went to Xai Xai on W. 51st one winter. The place was hot as fuck from the radiators and they kept the red wine out. No temperature control at all. Yech! I cannot recommend, unless you show up on a day that the place is cool.