Long Islanders with Big Hearts......

I hope the kids have a good xmas and the little guy responds well to treatment. Keep us posted, okay?
I promise I will..to date he is responding very well to his treatment and what I didnt know was that "D's" birthday is this week as well so you guys really did do a great thing....i love this warm fuzzy feeling ive got and so do my kids...im in such a good mood they are getting away with murder.....xox

For once in my life, I am speechless.... wow... angels do exist.
It was nice of people to donate, and Alyssa did a VERY nice thing for this kid and his family. I'm sure they'll be grateful. But why is it so earth-shattering that people went out of their way to help somebody in need?

Every time someone goes out in bad weather, in a broke down car, to collect toys for child in another state, no matter how many times per day it happens, to me, it is an act of amazing charity.... It should not go un-noticed, unrecognized or un-mentioned... so in my recognition and mention I am trying to give it, and Desi, the amount of worthwhile weight that the act, and she for doing it, deserves.... bravo Desi...

I did not say earth shattering. Just that I was rendered speechless .. an uncommon occurence.. maybe if more angels took action here on Earth, I would not be so surprised when it happened, it would be more common place.... as it is.. this kind of charity is uncommon... maybe I can move to your world Mr. Mac where such charitable acts occur more frequently... where is that?

Hey Mac,
Sorry for the cutting reply... it was a knee jerk reaction.. I am sorry.. in this season of good will, and on Desi's generous act, I should not have tried to cut you down... you are absolutely right, uncommon acts of charity and generosity should not be so uncommon... so pls accept this little act of contrition.. my own olive branch of peace... I over reacted, and if you took any offense to my last post, I am sorry.. it did contain a decent amount of sarcasm and was intended to subtley cut.... pls accept my apologies.. I acted with haste....
Tab

The only angel in this scenario is "d" and while i appreciate the kind words trust me when i tell you acts of kindness go on every day...Problem is its not news worthy or post worthy..Thats why this thread is so important, I think we all needed to be reminded that good people do exist..I think everyone of us, even those just reading the thread, got as much out of this as "D" did...There used to be a segment on I think channel 7 news about acts of kindness but it wasnt as much as a ratings grabber as the typical news...I dont know about the rest of you but I kind of feel like i got more out of this then "D"..When you get caught up with life you forget to stop and smell the roses...I think for all of us "d" is that rose and it smelt damn good....xox

Msg from Little man's mom

just wanted to let you know that i got the box and i also wanted to thank each and every one that helped to make my kids have an amazing xmas......

Thanks to you and every one who made a mother so very happy.....

xoxoxo gia

** she sent this to me and i am sharing it with all of you, she is more grateful then words could ever express**

Thanks for passing that along, Alyssa. :)

No offense taken, NYT, and apology accepted. But since you asked, yeah, I do live in a place where charitable acts occur frequently: New York. Sure, there are a lot of cold-hearted bastards out there too, but keep your eyes open and you'll notice acts of kindness happening all around you.

Well box #2 and #3 arrived today...and although privacy is as always my top priority, a special member sent a LARGE tray of every childs favorite treat on behalf of everyone at UG.....I know I have said it before but i cannot thank all of you enough for everything you did...it touched me in a way i wasnt expecting and i will forever be grateful to all of you who had a hand in making "d" and his brothers Christmas as special as they are....xox

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my guys at UG.....xox

Last edited:
Update on Little man "D"

Just wanted to give you guys and update on little man “D.” Last Thursday he had surgery to put a port in his chest. Gia text me a picture not to long after the surgery and what a little trooper, he was sitting up in bed, all smiles. With Gia’s permission I am posting her latest update below:

“Thank you, all, for being so supportive and sticking by me thru this..... you are one of the most amazing group of people i know..... it is hard on me but I would go thru hell for my kids.... as a matter of fact i feel like I have been in hell since December... yesterday he was laughing up a storm, I was laughing with him and crying at the same time because he was so happy and the doctor saw it….”

According to Gia, little man “D” never lost his smile throughout his ordeal….he did over the past month experience some side effects from his treatment but this tough cookie never wavered and seems to be winning the battle. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking, and I think all your positive thoughts really made the difference. If nothing else everything you all did meant a lot to Gia. Knowing she had the kindness of strangers really kept her positive throughout it all. So on behalf of Gia, I just want to thank you all again for stepping up for this little boy, every last one of you helped put a smile on his face.

Great News

I am beyond happy to let everyone know that Little Man "D" is in remission. Since I last updated things have been bumpy to say the least but he is a fighter and he got through with smiles....he is a strong little boy, as is his mom, and I for one am a better person for having had the pleasure of "D"....Thank you again to all of you who went above and beyond for this sweet, precious child........xox

The toys made "D's" Christmas and his brothers as well as their biorthdays in case I didnt mention they were a few days before the holiday...they also meant the world to his mother who was able to put all her energy into her children without having to worry about shopping.

I did not post this at the time but things got bad for a while and it was a touch and go situation. I held my breath a long with many others and true to form "D" pulled through like a champ.....I will continue to post updates but for now he is hopefully going to be returning to the simple life all kids his age should be able to enjoy....he has a great support system in his family and his older brother even shaved his head and "D" thinks thats cool now that he looks like his big brother....luv and kisses to you all again for all that you did...dont forget next holiday we are adopting a family;)

Last edited:
I have not updated this thread in awhile because little man D has been thriving..However it was just brought to my attention that his mother, a NJ prov has suffered a small stroke....I am a firm believer in the power of positive thought and prayer so just wanted to ask that you all send some her way...no person should have to endure the weight of all of this but with her usual style and grace Gia/Stac is and I know in my heart she will make it through this newest challenge with flying colors and a smile......xox