Long Islanders with Big Hearts......

If you can for me please look at the following post, and see if you could help out! We tend to take things for granted. When life throws us a curve ball, that’s when we realize how important people are to us...I know there a lot of good people on this board who we can count on to help out.

http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=820677&postcount=2188
Thank you, Bio...I will be at anyone who would like to contributes disposal, those who know me may drop it off at my incall or i will be glad to drive wherever is best for you to pick up anything you would like to donate...Little man D is 5 yrs old and his brother 7, they are typical little boys who like cars, electronics, anything you have to build (legos, etc), movies, board games, maybe some arts and crafts, or gift cards or even just a monetary donation....I will be taking a trip to NJ sunday to drop everything off.....thank you again to Bio for shining a spot light on this special little boy....xox

Last edited:
Just giving a worthy thread a bump.....due to the weather and my clunker of a car today i am only able to meet those willing to donate to Little man "D" close to home (mine) in the south nassau area..otherwise I will be toot-tooting all over the island tomorrow picking up from many generous UG members who have already contacted me..so just emale me and i will ho-ho-ho my way your way.....xox

This deserves a bump.
Thanks and you deserve another hug..thank you so much and everyone else who braved the cold and came out and met me with things for little man early today....all of you showed what the true meaning of Christmas really is by your generosity....to the special man whos family lost their sunshine, I hope one day the clouds clear for you again....to the b-day boy who put his own celebration on hold to shop for little man "D" thank you...and to all of UG who think our lurkers don't contribute enough, today they contributed in a way that means more then all the reviews in the world...there are great people on this board, and I had the pleasure of meeting a few of them today....again UG has proven to be a cut above the rest.

Unfortunately thanks in large part to the one idiot who thought it would be funny to send me on a wild goose chase through eastern LI that left me overheated on the side of the road (ill call you scrooge), my car is not feeling so good, so I am unable to travel to far for anyone else who would like to contribute...So for anyone else who would like to donate I have to ask that it be closer to me (s nassau).

Thanks again everyone, what you all did today means the world to me and most important to little man "D"....xox

Unfortunately thanks in large part to the one idiot who thought it would be funny to send me on a wild goose chase through eastern LI that left me overheated on the side of the road (ill call you scrooge), my car is not feeling so good, so I am unable to travel to far for anyone else who would like to contribute...So for anyone else who would like to donate I have to ask that it be closer to me (s nassau).

Thanks again everyone, what you all did today means the world to me and most important to little man "D"....xox
That's so not cool... but glad to know that I am not the ony idiot in the world at the same time... this post is both disturbing and comforting at the same time...

-Confused Idiot

Thanks to Everyone and Slinky!

Thanks and you deserve another hug..thank you so much and everyone else who braved the cold and came out and met me with things for little man early today....all of you showed what the true meaning of Christmas really is by your generosity....to the special man whos family lost their sunshine, I hope one day the clouds clear for you again....to the b-day boy who put his own celebration on hold to shop for little man "D" thank you...and to all of UG who think our lurkers don't contribute enough, today they contributed in a way that means more then all the reviews in the world...there are great people on this board, and I had the pleasure of meeting a few of them today....again UG has proven to be a cut above the rest.

Thanks to everyone who donated anything! I knew we had some whore mongers with hearts !

A BIG Thank you to Slinky for letting me put this thread up and helping us help the little man "D"

Last edited:

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Well not for nothing there are a few other people who made some very generous donations to little man D and I would likt to thank them as well.

Some people do have a heart in this world :)
Yes they do and that includes you ending your night early just to drop things off....and 2 others but unsure if they want to be openly acknowledged or not but they took time to meet up with Santas helper yesterday so a special thank you to them as well as the guy who was patient with me due to my lack of transportation.

Due to the weather and "D" moms unexpected sched change me and my "elf" have decided it would be best to just overnight everything tomorrow, so although today I am spending time with my kids, those who still wish to donate can do so tomorrow before noon...thanks again to every last one of you, when things settle Stac will deff come on and say her own personal thank you but for now I thank all of you (especially Slinky ) for all that you did....xox

Desi, I'm glad to see your day wasn't a complete bust. It sucks what happened with you traveling out east for nothing in that clunker but it sounds like there are still more than enough great people here to offset that 1 jerk. I'm praying for Little Man D and his family. But with friends like you it looks like God is already watching over them. What you and all the members of UG are doing to support them reminds me what the holiday spirit is all about, doing for others... With that said, i'm off to finish my leftover's from last night that I didn't have time to eat because the whole night started late thanks to someone's great personality making me lose track of time. ;) The show was great btw. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Desi, I'm glad to see your day wasn't a complete bust. It sucks what happened with you traveling out east for nothing in that clunker but it sounds like there are still more than enough great people here to offset that 1 jerk. I'm praying for Little Man D and his family. But with friends like you it looks like God is already watching over them. What you and all the members of UG are doing to support them reminds me what the holiday spirit is all about, doing for others... With that said, i'm off to finish my leftover's from last night that I didn't have time to eat because the whole night started late thanks to someone's great personality making me lose track of time. ;) The show was great btw. It was a pleasure meeting you.
Im glad you enjoyed your show, my brain is frozen so i cant remember which one you saw so youll have to refresh my memory...im sorry you were late for your plans but i did enjoy our conversation, so im really not that sorry;) Thank you again it was a pleasure meeting you and all the other new faces I encountered from UG..It was very odd for me and quite nice to be able to meet people without all the stress that usually comes on a normal "alyssa" adventure...i have to say regardless of some snaffus, i had a lot of fun doing this and it really did get me in the Christmas spirit that I dont think ive felt in a long time...i usually hatet Christmas carrolls, but actually found myself humming along to one today....xox

Last edited:
Mission Accomplished

Everything went out UPS this morning and will be deliv tomorrow.....Thanks in large part to my mother, the lady who owns the gift shop/UPS place comped the whole deliv.....Im not a big crier but when she said no charge I got a big case of the mush and spilled a few tears...The world at times is an ugly place but I found out first hand from this that the good far outweighs the bad ten fold....This whole experience and all who helped had me thinking of that movie Pay it Forward, and I hope that every last one of you experiences the good karma you deserve for all that you did....now this Rudolph is going to soak in a hot tub and try and warm up....its damn cold out today....I wish you all a very Happy Holiday and a New Year filled with happiness......xox

Everything went out UPS this morning and will be deliv tomorrow.....Thanks in large part to my mother, the lady who owns the gift shop/UPS place comped the whole deliv.....Im not a big crier but when she said no charge I got a big case of the mush and spilled a few tears...The world at times is an ugly place but I found out first hand from this that the good far outweighs the bad ten fold....This whole experience and all who helped had me thinking of that movie Pay it Forward, and I hope that every last one of you experiences the good karma you deserve for all that you did....now this Rudolph is going to soak in a hot tub and try and warm up....its damn cold out today....I wish you all a very Happy Holiday and a New Year filled with happiness......xox
HOLY CRAP! Good deal. There is some true holiday spirit out there and its a good thing that there are people who are generous to help out.

happy holidays to all.

Kicks

Well even though I am retiring before next Christmas, trust I plan on being a part of this community for years to come...so that being said, be ready for me cause next year we are going to adopt a family through the Salvation Army....mad love for you guys and BoyWonder Im sorry I didnt make it up there but soon, very soon we are having that coffee...xox

Last edited: