LI Spa status changes - closures , openings and management changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no enforcement. While many companies in NY have put work from home in place due to the governor's press conference. I know two companies that remain fully staffed. They are not in any of the fields that have been granted exceptions. While Americans will all pitch in and do what is asked of us, patience will become limited. Think of all the service employees not getting a paycheck. Are landlords going to forgive rent? Are the utilities going to forgive unpaid gas and electric bills? At some point people will tire of sitting at home in isolation and not getting paid. I'm sure that just before there is a riot and a mass return to work the governor of NY will call a press conference, tell us all what a great job we did and we can return to work.

Sorry if I sound cynical. it's been several days of work from home, wtih no gym and no hobbying. I'm getting very cranky. LOL

billyS

Reign of Terror
There is no enforcement. While many companies in NY have put work from home in place due to the governor's press conference. I know two companies that remain fully staffed. They are not in any of the fields that have been granted exceptions. While Americans will all pitch in and do what is asked of us, patience will become limited. Think of all the service employees not getting a paycheck. Are landlords going to forgive rent? Are the utilities going to forgive unpaid gas and electric bills? At some point people will tire of sitting at home in isolation and not getting paid. I'm sure that just before there is a riot and a mass return to work the governor of NY will call a press conference, tell us all what a great job we did and we can return to work.

Sorry if I sound cynical. it's been several days of work from home, wtih no gym and no hobbying. I'm getting very cranky. LOL
Cynical is ok just don't get political ;)

I think, given our common hobby, we are all lucky we are not dead right now...I'm laying off for a while.
I hope you're talking about the inherent dangers connected to the sex work industry, long before COVID-19 surfaced, as what might kill you, rather than the virus. Getting the virus isn't a death sentence, not even close. That's what's wrong with all this. Misinformation.

I hope you're talking about the inherent dangers connected to the sex work industry, long before COVID-19 surfaced, as what might kill you, rather than the virus. Getting the virus isn't a death sentence, not even close. That's what's wrong with all this. Misinformation.
It can be a death sentence for some of us old fuckers. So I’m ok with the measures. What’s a trillion dollars anyway

If this keeps up in another month we will all be chomping at the bit and so will the providers. Things will open up UTR i'm SURE
I agree. Right now enforcement is based on our willingness to go along. But, businesses are losing money. Service people are losing paychecks. At some point this might just boil over. Businesses will have to reopen or close permanently. A person can sit at home without getting paid for only so long. Bills are still going to have to be paid. Once one place opens and starts drawing people in from a pent up demand others will follow. Not just spas. All forms of business.

The problem isn't that it is a death sentence for young, healthy people as it is not; the problem is when the young healthy people get infected they spread the disease to older and/or underlying health compromised people where, when they become infected and the health care system is overwhelmed, it becomes a death sentence.

This. the health care system being overwhelmed, is exactly what is happening in Italy right now requiring war injury type triage where young and other wise healthy are not treated; those who have a good chance of survival if treated are treated; those who are older and/or underlying health compromised are given last rites and left to die.

No decent and civilized society should concern itself with spending a lot of money and/or inconveniencing a lot of people to prevent such a barbaric situation.

We are not a society (at least most of us in our society) that is willing to throw little Johnny recovering from leukemia or grandma or grandpa, off the cliff because we want to party during spring break or we don't want to spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.