Just what do you think of Microsoft Vista?

That is absolutely not true. And what roads there are that Mac OS can't drive, you can still go there by running Windows on the Mac Intel Core Duo processors.
Today it was announced that Apple didn’t know when the next version of its OS 10.X would be released. Perhaps Apple will gradually become a company that sells a lot of very cool, stylish mp3 players and a lot of very cool, stylish Windows computers.

Apple is hoping a lot of people will buy Apple computers simply because they are cooler looking then any other Windows computer.

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
The operating system is a lot more secure and stable. I don't know why anybody would prefer to use Window over Mac OS unless they absolutely had to.

The operating system is a lot more secure and stable. I don't know why anybody would prefer to use Window over Mac OS unless they absolutely had to.
The system being more stable is bullshit. Since 2000 window rarely crashes. XP was even better. As far as more secure... if the fucking mac fucknuts would stop writing all those hacks and virus's to extract some enjoyment at MS users expense..... windows wouldn't have the security problems it does. Macs can be hacked pretty easy... just no one cares to.

Last edited:
You can run older operating systems only if you're willing to accept the limitations and you don't do a lot of things some other users take for granted. You can boot up and get on the Internet and do documents, and that's enough for many people, but not all.

Vista isn't ready for corporate users to widely impliment. I have been testing Vista with a couple of PC's and found many things that don't work because of lack of driver support or even removed functionality. 802.1X authentication is no better than in XP but it actually lacks the ability to use the machine name as a credential that XP supports. Lots of drivers aren't available or are just now being released, Linksys is slowly coming up with them as we speak. Cisco's VPN client is still in beta. Games like WoW or EQ2 actually run slower on Vista than they did on XP using the same machine.

There are lots of little annoyances too. I'd wait a year or 18 months for things to get smoothed out with Vista before moving to it.

Linux and the MacOS are great, if you're a computer hobbiest and want to play around with them it's fine. I couldn't endorse putting either of them out in a corporate desktop for 1000+ people though. The learning curve is too high for the average user who just wants to surf the net and do office applications.

The system being more stable is bullshit. Since 2000 window rarely crashes. XP was even better. As far as more secure... if the fucking mac fucknuts would stop writing all those hacks and virus's to extract some enjoyment at MS users expense..... windows wouldn't have the security problems it does. Macs can be hacked pretty easy... just no one cares to.
I think I’ve might have mentioned this before, and perhaps it’s just a silly conspiracy theory (like there was more then one shooter in the Kennedy Assassination, or that the Mafia waked Kennedy).

I always had a vague feeling that anti-virus companies like McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro, etc. created all these viruses and worms. After all, who else has the time, inclination and motive to go to all that trouble to create all these things. And isn’t it funny that they always seem to have a cure for these malware even before they are discovered by the public?

The reason that there are no viruses or worms for Macs or Linux is that there are so few Macs in relation to Windows computers (and the typical Linux user would rather chew off his right arm then pay for anti-virus, or any other software for that matter, so there’s no market there).

I wouldn’t put any money on this theory, but it’s just a nagging thought I’ve had for a long time.

As far as more secure... if the fucking mac fucknuts would stop writing all those hacks and virus's to extract some enjoyment at MS users expense..... windows wouldn't have the security problems it does. Macs can be hacked pretty easy... just no one cares to.
So, if I read you correctly; the bottom line is that MAC is better.

I don't know that much about PCs, but I do apply a simple test to determine which one is better. It's called the desk banging test. In my house, Windows machines cause desk banging, the Apple does not.

Here’s an interesting fact about Windows Vista. It seems to be the first version of Windows capable of true preemptive multitasking, even true parallel processing. I have the 32 bit Windows Home Basic edition with a AMD Sempron 1.8 gighz processor, which is a single core processor and still some software seems to do several things at the same time and this seems to go far beyond simple single thread processing running at a very high speed. And this software was written many years ago, long before parallel was possible on a Wintel machine.

Last edited: