jc, jl et al.

RufusMoses

(212) 513-0888
Well I don't...I have cats...but I don't understand your joke anyway...or HvB's comment for that matter...

I mean I *am* old, but I also agree it's mostly a mind thing (at least until you are rushed to the emergency room)...

Anyway, the good news I feel cool at every other record store in town...too cool to be there in fact...like little red riding hood I am still looking for the record store that is Juuuust Right....

me, i would go out of my way

NOT to fuck a guy with cats. but hombre had cats when i met him so go figure. (actually, now his wife has cats and he has cats of a different sort.)

i believe jl was refering to the type of middle-aged formerly ponytailed hipster dufus (u know bruno magli wearer, kinda like social register) who goes into record stores on sat a.m.s with his dog in search of some post-adolescent pussy. poor post adi doesn't realize the guy has no dough b/c he has 2 ex-wives, 2 kids in college and 1 in nursery school to support. not to mention his shrink, his kids shrinks, his ex-wives shrinks and a pretty bad soho clothes habit. those guys make my skin crawl, mostly because they are just a little more than my peers.

if u cn rd ths
u cn b a shw bznss weezel,
hvb

Last edited:
Justlooking was referring to the fact that the people who staff the store have hung walls full of dog photos in the cashiers' area and dote at great length over any dog any customer might happen to have with them. I once had to wait like 20 minutes behind some customer at the cash register who was cradling what looked like a chiuauah (sp????).

Last edited:
i think i hate dogs almost

as much as i hate cats. i do hate people with dogs in nyc that is 4 sure.

what's with the fuckin' dog run sat a.m. singles scene crapola?
who's taking care of the dog when one is at the other one's apt.?
hvb

was the chihuahua owner a hipster doofus?

just asking,
hvb

Last edited:
She was actually a cute young woman (although a hipster). But I've seen less attractive people (though with more attractive dogs) get the same treatment there.

Last edited:
hipster doofusdom spans both

age and sex. i oughta know i am one. it just refers to someone whose priorities are, or can be, be misplaced. i think what you are referring to is a teacup dog -- and i think i know the person you might be talking about very thin, long brown hair, 30ish, very tall gorgeous model-like black boyfriend, not a chi hairier like a shi tsu -- this type of dog has become increasingly popular. their owners seem to feel that if you can fit a dog in a purse, you ought to be able to bring the dog anywhere. it is a perversion of the parisian habit of allowing dogs in cafes etc. with their owners. however, there it is not size-dependent and the dogs are well behaved (as are the owners).

i forget that girl's name, she gave me some paintings once,
hvb

Re: i think i hate dogs almost

Originally posted by h. von bingen

what's with the fuckin' dog run sat a.m. singles scene crapola?
who's taking care of the dog when one is at the other one's apt.?
hvb

was the chihuahua owner a hipster doofus?

just asking,
hvb
Aw, come on. Its f**kin funny as hell, those dog runs on Saturday mornings.

Dogs of all shapes and sizes walking about sniffing each others butts. Dog owners of all shapes and sizes, singles all, walking about sniffing each others butts.

Take in the sight while walking back from the corner deli, morning paper, coffee and Crispy Creme in tow. Great way to start a Saturday off with a chuckle.

Re: i think i hate dogs almost

Originally posted by h. von bingen
so....I take it you are not a fan of "Dog Days" on Animal Planet.....which is like the NYC dog owner's version of Real World...

I watched it once and all I could do was shake my head in shame.....and I do own a dog....

RufusMoses

(212) 513-0888
By the time I make to the front counter at Other Music I just want to get the heck out of there...I could spend $10,000 there and still feel like I am just starting to catch up...

I do like dogs by the way...even had one years ago...but wouldn't keep one in the city...without judging others I feel like a dog needs a backyard to run around in...well at least *real* dogs do! Toy dogs are...fine...for some people...

doofus wanna be . . .

she is cute, it's her boyfriend that is gorgeous (and about that there is no doubt). are you saying i didn't use enough acronyms? ok, her boyfriend is good looking enough to bbbjtcnqns & bbg all night long. not to mention bbmorrocan (my new favorite).

please, i know who this is, and if she or her b/f read this so fuckin' what, do you think they remember YOU?
(and if they know me, SO FUCKIN' WHAT?)
hvb

oro:

like st. f. i love animals, but their "masters" often leave something to be desired, something like nyc parents and children.

do not seat me near that kid at butter,
hvb

Last edited:
Maybe I can put it in the "Missed Connections" section of Craig's List:

At the cash register at Other Music during lunchtime. You: young, cute, holding ratlike dog, chatting with cashier for 20 fucking minutes. Me: old, paunchy, holding copy of Oddysey and Oracle I was buying to give to a prostitute that afternoon

Oops. If this falls into the wrong hands, there I go outting myself again.

Last edited:
(Before anyone makes any remarks, this was a payback: net-net the dollar value of the gifts she's given me exceed the dollar value of the gifts I've given her.)

Last edited: