Japanese Noodle Joints

Whether you're preference is udon or ramen, where do you go for a steaming hot bowl of noodles?

Manchenko is probably the most "evolved" of these joints. But I'm just as happy at Menchanko Tei on East 45th betw. Lexington and Third. There are so many other places to choose from and recommend...

Rai Rai Ken on East 10th Street was quite good and reasonable. Have not been back though the last 2 or 3 years. I noticed that there is a new place on First Avenue, between 8th and 9th Streets. There were lines outside whenever I walked by.

agree with Ozzy about Dosanko. The curry larmen made a great cheap lunch. Too bad it's gone.
Although it is slightly off-topic, that "katzu-hana" place near GCT is quite good.

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
The same chain that owns Manchenko has another place on W. 72nd St. I haven't been there in a couple years, but I've always liked their noodle soups.

After rereading my initial post, I realize that I meant to say that Momofuko was the most evolved of these places -- it's the one on First and 10th.

I used to go to Sapporo East on 49th and Seventh Ave. years ago. You can sit at the bar and watch them cook, which is always entertaining. Unfortunately, not the cleanest place, though.