It's illegal to list AMP bust names

I was at my favorite R&T and was thinking how therapeutic this is. How it really helps my back, helps my stress and actually has a positive impact on my marriage (less stress, no need to cheat, all good stuff). And if there is anything close to a licence, it is really therapy. SOOOO, that being said, wouldn't it be a violation of HIPA (Health Information Privacy Act). I am no lawyer, but I know that the personal information about a patient cannot be disclosed by any party.

The reality this is my biggest fear about visiting AMP. I would FREAK if my name was in an article listing me and the other "patients" along with the massage therapists. I, to the best of my knowledge, believe I only visit places that are licensed.

Anyone have any feedback on this matter?

If you were busted, it would be for something more than being a "patient," and you would not be protected. If you were a patient, it wouldn't be a story. I don't even know if massage clients are protected under Hipaa.

...The reality this is my biggest fear about visiting AMP. I would FREAK if my name was in an article listing me and the other "patients" along with the massage therapists. I, to the best of my knowledge, believe I only visit places that are licensed.

Anyone have any feedback on this matter?
If there's a bust in the AMP while you're a "patient" and you're busted as well, your name is a matter of public record. If they raid the AMP and confiscate records and your info happens to be discovered, that's another story. Keep in mind that only a fool would give out his true identity in places like this, so I assume you're worried about an actual bust while you're there. I would think unless they caught you in a compromising position with the massage girl, they would let you walk and focus the bust on the employees only.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
in gerenal, this varies on location in the extreme: In NYC (5 boroughs), Johns are almost never arrested or names given to papers. But in most of NJ. Long Island and Westchester, it is VERY common for LE to go after Johns, even to go as far as "illegally" stopping and questioning them without real cause outside of establishments.

JL --- thats not really the argument he is making.

its really a moot point anyway because even in the event of a hippa violation your remedy would be so sue the discloser. I suspect that you will not have much success telling the cop who is muscling you into the back of a car that HIPPA applies. Since you cant put shit back in a horse as they say... the damage will aready have been done.

Ruv, this is hardly worth talking about (as I suspsect the IP was joking anyway), but as I read it, his point is that what goes on at AMPs is covered by HIPA cuz it's somehow a health service and not prostitution. Except prostitution would be what the bust is for. If a nurse at a hospital had sex with a patient for money, HIPA wouldn't apply to info about his arrest, either. What am I missing?

Ruv, this is hardly worth talking about (as I suspsect the IP was joking anyway), but as I read it, his point is that what goes on at AMPs is covered by HIPA cuz it's somehow a health service and not prostitution. Except prostitution would be what the bust is for. If a nurse at a hospital had sex with a patient for money, HIPA wouldn't apply to info about his arrest, either. What am I missing?
i agree with you that this is hardly worth talking about... so let me do just that anyway... lol.

you are correct that HIPA would not apply to info about the arrest but it would apply to the hospital confirming that he was a patient there absent an order from a judge.

Waterclone... HIPA applies to all kinds of places that dont have doctors or nurses... ins companies, chiropractors, radiology places, accupunture, places.. if it was a licensed massage therapy place, i suspect that it would apply there too..