ISO Dream Interpretation

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Really huh? My life outside this board is going straight to hell and there's no way to stop it. Being involved in commerical sex is the only bright spot I have left.
If that's really true, then I'm really sorry. And I hope you won't be too insulted by my presumption if I say that the last thing you need in that case is a drug (like prostitution) to permit you to escape from, rather than deal with, whatever's happening.

But it's really wrong to try to give real-life advice to people who, as you point out, you don't know.

PS -- Thanks for that courtesy up there.

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
I still , but only,occasionally sign off with
take care
HP
sometimes things are better left unchanged... but as strangelove already knew deep inside his heart, everything changes during the course of life.

Originally posted by justlooking
if I say that the last thing you need in that case is a drug (like prostitution) to permit you to escape from, rather than deal with, whatever's happening.
There's just times that you just want to escape from the reality with the drug of your choice, but then the fantasy or high just feels too dam good and you dread returning to reality.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by badz1

sometimes things are better left unchanged... but as strangelove already knew deep inside his heart, everything changes during the course of life.
Change is one of the few things that can be counted on in life.
hp

Yes, but if the fantasy or high is the only thing that makes you feel good why leave?
Because it's bullshit.

Because it's lazy.

Because it's nothing more than a distraction that stops you from doing anything to solve whatever the problems are that have you so down.

Oh yeah, because it's bullshit. And lazy.

Last edited:

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Yes, but if the fantasy or high is the only thing that makes you feel good why leave?
I find nothing intrinsically wrong with feeling good from fantasy or "highs", but without a balance in reality, it can become destructive.
hp

Originally posted by justlooking
Because it's nothing more than a distraction that stops you from doing anything to solve whatever the problems are that have you so down.
I've done everthing within my power. It's now out of my hands. Things go as expected, I'll lose my job of 15 years. Not many job openings for a almost 50 year old, is there?

Difference between "not many" and "none". Problems like that are exactly the ones that require the most attention and activity on your part, and leave you the least available time and energy for escape mechanisms.

I'm done here. This is already getting inappropriately personal.

I'm sorry.

I wanna make some things clear.

Yes, I miss her, but I don't have an obession with Pamela. She never fucked my mind like someone else did.

I just thought it was a rather strange coincidence that I had two dreams like I did on consecutive nights. I never had a dream about her before this past Friday night. I thought highly of Pam and I was just hoping that someone might who still has contact with her to say, "hey, she's OK". That's ALL I wanted.