iPhone....

I had an i930 nextel phone. I have no idea where my cables are to tranfer the sim card to Microsoft outlook. I think I have to do it manually over time. My contract is up but my phone still works to access my contact list, I hope it stays that way. Thank you for your advise.
You MIGHT want to take a look at this. I did not check to see if your phone / carrier was supported, but I have used it for many of my friends phones to get their contacts onto their computers!

http://www.datapilot.com/

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
1) transferring my SIM card info from my old phone. I have to many contacts numbers that transferring them all of them by hand would take a long while. Does anyone know how I transfer my contacts easier? 2) The safari is great for me. I can view my Yahoo Classic page and use my mail plus options but I believe there is no cut and paste option, am I wrong? I normally am by a laptop when I am available to post on CL but I would like to know if I can do it on the phone also. Any advise would be appreciated. I could call the help number but I trust the advise on here more.
Hey Em,

You can't transfer your sim over, but your iPhone will sync contacts with your computer, so it might be easier to put them into the computer's address book and then sync it over.

And, no, sadly. No cut and paste.

Hey Em,

You can't transfer your sim over, but your iPhone will sync contacts with your computer, so it might be easier to put them into the computer's address book and then sync it over.

And, no, sadly. No cut and paste.
Thank you, I figured so, I don't think ther is cut and paste on anything other then an actual computer. There is no google bar either which I love for spelling. I am a terrible speller but I always do a quick check before submitting my post. I would have to carry around a dictionary otherwise.

I just saved it to my favorites and will check it out, thanks so much.
I was going to recommend that software as well, but I see Coyote beat me to it. :)

It is one of the better bits of business for the purpose when the phone in question is unable to sync directly to Outlook via ActiveSync or Vista Mobile Services.

The software will create a delineated output file which can be used to transfer the data to the new phone. You will need data cables for both phones so you better find the missing i930 cable or purchase another one. A quick check of Google for i930 accessories will find you cheap sources for that if you need it.

Good luck.

side note: Emily's issues are a good reason to use phones that sync with Outlook. Anytime I've gotten a new phone I just connect the phone to my PC and update the new phone with all the contacts, calendar, notes, etc, data stored in Outlook.

Saves a lot of hassles transfering to new phones and also makes a good back up for your existing phone while you are using it.

Last edited:
side note: Emily's issues are a good reason to use phones that sync with Outlook. Anytime I've gotten a new phone I just connect the phone to my PC and update the new phone with all the contacts, calendar, notes, etc, data stored in Outlook.

Saves a lot of hassles transfering to new phones and also makes a good back up for your existing phone while you are using it.
The downside to that is that I only keep my business contacts in Outlook, while my cell had my personal contacts. When I got my BB, I had to hand enter all of my personal contacts into Outlook and then sync my BB to it.

I was going to recommend that software as well, but I see Coyote beat me to it. :)

It is one of the better bits of business for the purpose when the phone in question is unable to sync directly to Outlook via ActiveSync or Vista Mobile Services.

The software will create a delineated output file which can be used to transfer the data to the new phone. You will need data cables for both phones so you better find the missing i930 cable or purchase another one. A quick check of Google for i930 accessories will find you cheap sources for that if you need it.

Good luck.
Actually, Emily.. If you buy the whole kit from datapilot, they will give you the cables! Verify this with them, but I am pretty sure your phone and cables are supported!

Actually, Emily.. If you buy the whole kit from datapilot, they will give you the cables! Verify this with them, but I am pretty sure your phone and cables are supported!
I thought they had a software only kit, which is why I suggested she at least attempt to find her cable.

It should be cheaper to purchase the software alone than to buy it with cabling for two phones.

I thought they had a software only kit, which is why I suggested she at least attempt to find her cable.

It should be cheaper to purchase the software alone than to buy it with cabling for two phones.
They do.... The kit with the cables is like $80, versus just the software ($40). I just thought it would be more expeditious for her to get the kit.

Emily's Nextel phone

Emily's i930 phone is a Windows Mobile 2003 phone. Depending on the operating system, if she has XP then she needs Activesync and if she has Vista she needs Windows Mobile Device Center.

Emily's i930 phone is a Windows Mobile 2003 phone. Depending on the operating system, if she has XP then she needs Activesync and if she has Vista she needs Windows Mobile Device Center.
I had suggested XP-ActiveSync/Vista-Mobile Device Center earlier, if both phones are WM based.

Last edited: