Info About Poker games In the New York Area

This thread is about information about poker games or underground poker rooms or if people want to start a game.
I just started looking for games and mostly play at bars for the time being.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
In philly theres been a major bust a few months ago. There is a club that I know of that runs tournies daily and has cash games, but they actually dont take a rake so I dont know if theyll get busted or not.

i have been to the website listed above and had no luck.
but i have been hearing rumors of a place on long island in bellmore don't know much about only that it is still up and running i will post if i find out more.

Bellmore is Very nice, not more than 10 minutes from me.... I am " almost " done with the online games... Like I said in another thread, I am getting fucking KILLED by these HORRIBLE beats.....guys hitting inside straights when I am dominating them, and the like....

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
mitchmaxx said:
Bellmore is Very nice, not more than 10 minutes from me.... I am " almost " done with the online games... Like I said in another thread, I am getting fucking KILLED by these HORRIBLE beats.....guys hitting inside straights when I am dominating them, and the like....
You want guys to fish in cash games, in the long run its very good for you. It may not seem like it now because youre on a bad run (or perhaps you cant admit youre not as good as you think, a problem we all have).

By no means am I a " Pro " but I play a tight game, only getting aggresive when I " think" I have the winning hand. I bluff very little, and only in certain situations.... I don't play cash games that much, I like the limited loss you get in tounament/sit and go play, and the upside is pretty good. I have hit a few top 10-20 finishes in some 700-2000 person games, and did pretty well. I WAS hitting in the money 6/10 times in the multi-table sit and goes, until last week, I KNOW some of it is my play, I have been a little looser, but the beats I am taking are nuts... Maybe I should switch it up, and try some cash games... I should just take a couple of weeks off....

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I play a conservative game as well, but one thing that happens when you play conservative is that you still need to push the other guy out when you have the best hand an make it really expensive for him to try and hit. If you let him in cheap, this is what happens:

He gets in cheap and misses, you get a small payoff.
He gets in cheap and hits, you get fucked.

So, in the long run, you get a bunch of small wins, and a few big losses. So even though you played "right" and he played "wrong", you end up even.

If, OTOH, when he's on a draw and you're ahead you make it expensive for him to play badly, here's what happens:

He often gets hit with big losses chasing, and once in a while he hits and you get fucked.

Last night was one of those "get fucked" nights for me. Typical of many frustrating hands: I'm on the button, SB is 30, BB is 60, UTG raises to 120, I raise to ?460? SB raises to something, 3 off us end up all-in. I have pocket Rockets, SB has pocket Cowboys, UTG has pocket 10's. K hits on the flop. A number of hands later, against the guy who won that hand I was all-in with AQ against his AJ, and a J hits. But I wouldn't play either hand any differently, and in the long run I'll win. Although neither of these is a good example, but this one is: at another game, I have AJd and raise to 3 times the BB. He re-raises, the guy in between us calls, I go all in and the both call. BB has A3 off, next guy has 86c. 2 clubs on the flop, 3rd on the turn. But both of them should be shot for going all in with hands like that. And I've seen both these guys at several tables, and don't remember seeing either of them ever finish in the money.

I met a guy through an online poker site, and he has set up a game... I think he is starting out small, one or 2 tables, and then hopefully growing. I put in for my seat 5 minutes ago. I will keep all n Long Island informed... It is in the Hicksville/Bethpage area 1/2 dollar no limit 50 min. 250 max...

i've heard of some games around in that area like in levittown or westbury. Its a 5/10 and a nl 25 buy in. I am trying to find out more aout and when i do i will post it.

New place in Nassau county... I will be going there for the first time today... I will report back... I don't want to post info for fear of the law, how can I get the address to my fellow degenerates??? it.