Incall Upcharges

I’ve been noticing that independent providers list their incall rates but then add an upcharge for a hotell room rental fee. I’m almost certain they do this so that when we search at a certain price point their ads will show up in search results. However, when you add another $200+ for the hotel, their effective rate is considerably higher. This is like airline pricing—the airlines list a ticket at one price so it shows up at the top of a search result, but when you add taxes, checked baggage fees, etc., the price is effectively much higher.

Back in the day, most local incall independent providers worked out of their apartments, or sometimes, a crash pad they shared with other providers.

I understand why providers today might prefer to work out of hotels (safety concerns, avoiding issues with their landlords and neighbors, etc.). However, they should include the hotel room rental fee into their incall rates instead of adding it as an upcharge.

I expressed the same concern on another board and, while they understood, the consensus was that certain areas have higher room rates and posting ads with different rates wasn’t feasible. I countered that I’d rather have them just include the highest rate instead of having an add on. The optics of the extra charge turn me off.

I’ve been noticing that independent providers list their incall rates but then add an upcharge for a hotell room rental fee. I’m almost certain they do this so that when we search at a certain price point their ads will show up in search results. However, when you add another $200+ for the hotel, their effective rate is considerably higher. This is like airline pricing—the airlines list a ticket at one price so it shows up at the top of a search result, but when you add taxes, checked baggage fees, etc., the price is effectively much higher.

Back in the day, most local incall independent providers worked out of their apartments, or sometimes, a crash pad they shared with other providers.

I understand why providers today might prefer to work out of hotels (safety concerns, avoiding issues with their landlords and neighbors, etc.). However, they should include the hotel room rental fee into their incall rates instead of adding it as an upcharge.
Read through the “Inflation” thread -

Plenty of talk there on how some of these gals have excellant business models and the others that don’t .
Stick with the verified Indy advertisers here and you can’t go wrong