I'm a Jets fan who thinks Rex Ryan is a DICK.

Yes, Yes! I know I’m going to get a lot of heat from the hardcore Jets fans for this one, but I need to get this off my chest: Rex Ryan is a dick. There it is, in black and white, and I feel so much better. Now, before everyone breaks out the propane to flame me, let me explain.

I do root hard for the Jets and look forward to watching their games each week, but I am probably more of a Giants fan than a Jets fan. I like to call myself a New York fan but being such a football fan I can honestly say that I do feel more attached to the Jets than say the Yankees (yes I’m a Mets fan too). Now if that’s not biased enough, I will also confess to hating his loud mouthed, redneck dad, Buddy.

My dislike for his dad is not just because he coached the hated Eagles, or because he wanted more credit than Mike Ditka for the ‘85 Bears, or for even popping Kevin Gilbride in the face (something I’ve considered from time to time). It’s because it was Buddy Ryan who changed the face of the football Head Coach from the well respected, suit wearing Don Shulas and Tom Landrys to the thuggish baffons like himself and Jerry Glanvilles, who put bounties on players heads.

So now back to Rex. While I do appreciate the two AFC Championship games he has given us, I can no longer stand the comedy routines at his weekly press conferences. I mean, didn’t you just see your team get embarrassed three nights ago in prime time. How about spending more time on your game plan than your stand up material. I personally dislike Belichick as much as I do Rex, but I respect the hell out of him and his commitment to winning the right way. Having Rex compare himself (even in a joking manner) to him is just plain STUPID. I find this so bad that I actually start rooting against the Jets just so he shuts up. I understand that coachs need to maintain a positive demeanor but not at the cost of respectability.

I understand that Rex doesn’t want to be something he’s not, but most people will only tolerate a buffoon as long as he’s winning (myself included). So with a Jets team that is not as good as the previous two, I wonder how long before Rex starts getting some heat. His antics and guarantees will only go so far.

So Rex, do me a favor; shut up and do some winning! Or suffer the same fate as your father, a man remembered for having a big mouth and little accomplishments.

I've noticed it's been quite this year. Patriots this week and winless Miami who always plays the jets to within a point or two are next.... There's a real chance the Jets could be 2-4 and THAT's gonna be a Rex press conference I'd pay to see.

And Don Shula never wore a suit. He started the collared polo shirt look.. too hot for suits in Miami. He might have worn one in Baltimore though.

Last edited:
I've noticed it's been quite this year. Patriots this week and winless Miami who always plays the jets to within a point or two are next.... There's a real chance the Jets could be 2-4 and THAT's gonna be a Rex press conference I'd pay to see.

And Don Shula never wore a suit. He started the collared polo shirt look.. too hot for suits in Miami. He might have worn one in Baltimore though.
Are you surprised by the Dolphins? I know you though that they had a good Dee, and they dont... Did you like getting rid of both running backs? Did you like getting Bush? Just curious Ozzy, what you think... Funny, but like you said about the Dolphins and Jets.. But if Henne played every other team like he has played against Jets, he would be real good. But it prob also had something to do with the Jets having no rush and he had time...

Yes, Yes! I know I’m going to get a lot of heat from the hardcore Jets fans for this one, but I need to get this off my chest: Rex Ryan is a dick. There it is, in black and white, and I feel so much better. Now, before everyone breaks out the propane to flame me, let me explain.

I do root hard for the Jets and look forward to watching their games each week, but I am probably more of a Giants fan than a Jets fan. I like to call myself a New York fan but being such a football fan I can honestly say that I do feel more attached to the Jets than say the Yankees (yes I’m a Mets fan too). Now if that’s not biased enough, I will also confess to hating his loud mouthed, redneck dad, Buddy.

My dislike for his dad is not just because he coached the hated Eagles, or because he wanted more credit than Mike Ditka for the ‘85 Bears, or for even popping Kevin Gilbride in the face (something I’ve considered from time to time). It’s because it was Buddy Ryan who changed the face of the football Head Coach from the well respected, suit wearing Don Shulas and Tom Landrys to the thuggish baffons like himself and Jerry Glanvilles, who put bounties on players heads.

So now back to Rex. While I do appreciate the two AFC Championship games he has given us, I can no longer stand the comedy routines at his weekly press conferences. I mean, didn’t you just see your team get embarrassed three nights ago in prime time. How about spending more time on your game plan than your stand up material. I personally dislike Belichick as much as I do Rex, but I respect the hell out of him and his commitment to winning the right way. Having Rex compare himself (even in a joking manner) to him is just plain STUPID. I find this so bad that I actually start rooting against the Jets just so he shuts up. I understand that coachs need to maintain a positive demeanor but not at the cost of respectability.

I understand that Rex doesn’t want to be something he’s not, but most people will only tolerate a buffoon as long as he’s winning (myself included). So with a Jets team that is not as good as the previous two, I wonder how long before Rex starts getting some heat. His antics and guarantees will only go so far.

So Rex, do me a favor; shut up and do some winning! Or suffer the same fate as your father, a man remembered for having a big mouth and little accomplishments.
I know what you are saying, but if they were like 5 and 1, it would not bother you... 2 and 2 and going to NE, you just want him to shut up... If they win, I dont care what he says... But, I agree, just shut up ands show it on the field... But if they do beat NE and Miami, we are back on track and it will be OK, but the way that they are playing, it will be 3 and 3 at best, and hopefully not 2 and 4 like Ozzy said...

i wish ALL players and coaches would learn how to shut the fuck up. none of them knows when to stop and it's encouraged by the media which needs "something" to either sell papers, magazines or get dopey fans to watch on tv. i liked it better when they were all seen and not heard, like the spoiled brats they all are. not enough to be rich and famous for playing a game, now i have to TELL all of you how great i am. it's why i basically watch soccer on spanish channels. i can barely understand what they say, but i have the game pretty well figured out. lol. and yes, some of this is jealousy that it's not me making those inane statements for the cameras. lololololol.

And good point about Buddy, those Eagles teams had some great talent but what did they ever really accomplish, they may have won the NFC East once or twice but as far as I remember without looking it up I dont think they ever made it to the NFC Championship game.

Are you surprised by the Dolphins? I know you though that they had a good Dee, and they dont... Did you like getting rid of both running backs? Did you like getting Bush? Just curious Ozzy, what you think... Funny, but like you said about the Dolphins and Jets.. But if Henne played every other team like he has played against Jets, he would be real good. But it prob also had something to do with the Jets having no rush and he had time...
Brown and Williams are doing nothing where they are and they're on contenders. Bush wasn't a bad move for a team with almost no offense the last few years and he wasn't supposed to be their starter... Daniel Thomas their 1st rd pick was and he's rushed for over 200 yards in the two first two NFL games he's played. A hamstring has kept him sidelined but he should go in two weeks against the Jets. Their D is the exact same as it was last year when they were a couple spots behind the Jets and with the same D co-ord as last year cept they added depth at the line and LB. Problem is none of Miami's talent is playing. Dansby and Wake both went to the pro bowl and this year this year they can't tackle or sack anyone. Vonte Davis one of the better CB's has been hurt since the NE game and their secondary has been lit up since. Jake Long one of if not the best O linemen in the game can't block a blitzing corner or safety this year and he should be plowing them into the ground. Marshall was the best WR in the league on Denver (100 rec three straight yrs) and now he leads the league in drops. Since game one they've given up and have played like dogs. Maybe Sporano can't motivate them anymore.

I never said Henne played good against the Jets but he has a strong arm but poor accuracy. Ironically he's played good this year... definitely better than Sanchez has but his wr's have run bad routes and dropped balls and his O-line has let him get abused.

And lets not forget Mia has lost to NE, SD and Hou... probably the three best in the AFC right now.

So why do the super bowl bound Jets suck? If they lose to NE and Mia the next two weeks they'll be exactly one game better than Mia which is what I said would separate the two.

Last edited:
I'll tell you all what's wrong with the Jets.. same I said last year and everyone fought me. Their defense is very simplistic. They rely on a good secondary which allows them to send all their lb's and a safety or two in the blitz. It's the same thing Buddy used 20 years ago and the same his brother uses in Dallas. Teams have seen it and they know how to beat it. You can't rush 8 players and have enough left to still defend quick routes... slants, screens and passes to the backs. Teams just aren't dropping back trying to throw long balls anymore. They also know Cromartie is a weak link and holds on every fucking play. If he can't grab jersey any wr with a shred of speed will run past him or fake him. The pass rush was always non existent aside from all those blitzes. They can't send 8 anymore on every other play and they can't get the job done with the 4 down linemen. That's why they tried Taylor which failed last year and they wanted a stud this year but couldn't land one.

I said all this last year if you want to look it up.

Last edited:
dont watch the press conferences..i dont..i just watch the games..hes doing something right by getting jets to conference finals 2 yrs in a row..if you watch press conf the players and coaches say the same things every week..bill belechick i bet said jets are a good well coached team and we'll have to play a great game and keep our turnovers down to beat them..yada yada yada

he talks alot of crap for a coach that hasnt won nothing
thats a double negative..hasnt won nothing = has won something
been to 2 afc championship games
who'd you rather have
shots goes b4 he does
is sanchez the real deal
sanchez ia not best hispanic footballer in ny area...victor cruz is

I don't watch Rex's press conferences, but did he say Bellichick and him are both Hall of Fame coaches? Bellichick 5 rings, 3 has a head coach, 2 as a defensive coordinator. Ryan 0.

LMAO

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
And good point about Buddy, those Eagles teams had some great talent but what did they ever really accomplish, they may have won the NFC East once or twice but as far as I remember without looking it up I dont think they ever made it to the NFC Championship game.
Was the "fog game" in Chicago the NFC Championship game? I tell you, I've been saying the exact same thing about Ryan (well, probably to you, of course) since he got hired. This schtick is tolerated by the media when they are winning, but that first losing season, it isn't going to fly.

That being said, fuck Leon Hess, fuck the Jets and fuck the Giants and the NFL for that matter. Jersey isn't NY.

Was the "fog game" in Chicago the NFC Championship game? I tell you, I've been saying the exact same thing about Ryan (well, probably to you, of course) since he got hired. This schtick is tolerated by the media when they are winning, but that first losing season, it isn't going to fly.

That being said, fuck Leon Hess, fuck the Jets and fuck the Giants and the NFL for that matter. Jersey isn't NY.

Remember when Mangenius was all the rave... getting guest spots on the Soprano's. Didn't he win 9 or 10 iin his last season. In NY it doesn't even take losing for the press and fanbase to turn on you. Just don't win what's expected.

Yeah, I know, I should have just said well dressed and well mannered (although he did wear a tie in Baltimore but rarely a sports jacket).

Your right about the talent, Joyner, Simmons, Cunningham, just to name a few. If I remember correctly (don't have time to look it up) he may have one the NFC East, but I don't think he ever won a play-off game (hence; the little accomplishments)