If you like intoxicating imports from Brazil, try Cachaca

I don't know about gin being a womans drink, but the problem with scotch is that unless it's incredibly good and expensive it usually sucks. And I usually don't care for the best of the best or the most expensive. Like Crystal which tastes like piss, or any french vodka.

After my dads funeral he had an unopened bottle of 80 year Martins that he had since before he went into the army in 1941. It was his last bottle of a case long gone since before I was born and requested we open it after he was gone. That was the smoothest tasting scotch I ever had. My brother and I polished off that fucking bottle that night.

Last edited:
Mr WW

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Who's talking about brandy?

As far as rums go, the aged Habana Club in Cuba is the best I've had. SNIP....
I was talking about comparing some rather high end rums to brandy. Is that a problem for you? You don't know traditional brandies from cognac or armanagac?

Anyway, if you enjoy brandies - the alambics from CA or the traditional Spanish, you will notice, at the sipping level, really good rums are similar. Whats really good, I named two above.

(Never tried the Habana Club - is available in the US.)

Picked up a few bottles of Leblon Cachaca for a new years party. It's made in Brazil but aged in congac barrels for a sweeter essence. Pretty good fucking stuff. Don't know if you'll find it up north, I had to go to the Brazilian area of Pompano to find it.

And Zyr for you vodka drinkers.

Last edited: