If Prostitution was legal....

If prostitution was legal it would be safe to assume that there would be some regulations governing the business. There are regulations on barbers, auto mechanics why would sexual services be any different.

What sort of regulations do you see as being practical and enforceable?

What about sex worker licensing?

What about regulations governing incall locations?

What about street walkers? Pick up bars?

What about outcalls?

Hours of operation and service?

Would you limit the maximum numbers of workers for independent locations and or separate licenses for brothels?

Would the licensing have any safety training? i.e. STI prevention and personal safety for the worker? (Can’t you just see mandatory 30 hour OSHA training for sex workers? LMAO)

Would brothels and or street walkers be limited to a red light district? How would you handle the concerns of existing property owners in a proposed red light district?

What would you see as the impact on price and availability or accessibility to sex worker services?

As you can see this is a wide ranging topic, lets have some fun envisioning what a world with fully legal prostitution is like.

Just go to Amsterdam...They have figured it out.
Even Amsterdam doesn't have it figured out. Hong Kong has that shit figured out. In Amsterdam it's still incredibly dangerous to go out at night, these places, you can still end up getting robbed or killed in the neighborhood.

Hong Kong however has this really laid out nicely. Certain buildings have WGs with CCTV on every floor coming from every room, some buildings have doormen, triads have a lot of the business locked up, meaning... You've got protection from the triads as you walk through those streets and buildings at anytime, they protect their own businesses, therefore protecting you. Triads work with the police to keep everything peaceful and safe for tourists and mongers alike.

I've never felt threatened by anything in HK, it's a service industry city with prostitution as one of those great services.

We could never have that in NYC, it would probably add problems on top of the problems we already have. I would love a red light district, but I want it to feel safe like the freedom towers area on a Sunday.

What sort of regulations do you see as being practical and enforceable?
-Minimum Age Requirements
-STI testing
-Incall only
-Required use of condoms

What about sex worker licensing?
Yep. Required health checks, age verification, etc.

What about regulations governing incall locations?
In my ideal world, I could see every brothel essentially be classed up versions of what showworld is now. There would be on-site security, a waiting area to see/meet the girls, and money would be exchanged upfront with the house. Girls get their money from the house for services rendered. This protects the customer and protects the girls.

What about street walkers? Pick up bars?
No SWs or Pickup bars outside of red light districts.

What about outcalls?
None.

Hours of operation and service?
If they serve alcohol, match them to what bars/strip clubs charge now. If they don't, match them to what regulations (if any) are on barber shops, salons, etc.

Would you limit the maximum numbers of workers for independent locations and or separate licenses for brothels?
Nope. If someone can fill up a walmart sized building with prostitutes, good for them. Though there would be a minimum amount of security on hand for a location at any given time.

Would the licensing have any safety training? i.e. STI prevention and personal safety for the worker? (Can’t you just see mandatory 30 hour OSHA training for sex workers? LMAO)
Yes

Would brothels and or street walkers be limited to a red light district? How would you handle the concerns of existing property owners in a proposed red light district?
Undecided

What would you see as the impact on price and availability or accessibility to sex worker services?
Depends on how it is legalized. If we were just to legalize the act of prostitution but not add any regulations, the price of it drops tremendously because women that were scared of legal repercussions can now enter the market and women that already were there can't justify the black/grey market mark-up. Essentially a flood of supply caused by the removal of the barrier to entry.

Availability might go up, but I couldn't say if it's real availability or just availability that was open but couldn't advertise.